AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I completed my first build (G kit and NDS-3). Headspaces great, time to test-fire and then finish.

After installing the Tapco trigger group, I noticed the over-travel was horrendous. Granted, I'm only looking for minute of paper plate with this, but even so, the trigger would break, and then continue on almost another 3/8." A #6-3/4" stainless cap screw and two nuts later and this is the vastly improved result.

Overtravel is all but eliminated. So I'd like some opinions - is this Bubba gunsmithing or an improvement to keep and maybe repeat on future builds?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Functionally, it's much the same as what is done on adjustable triggers inside the receiver. It should work fine.

Some might suggest it is a less refined solution than other methods. However I think it looks fine, but should be black hardware.

After using this setup for a few hundred rounds I think you will be the best judge of it, and whether it should be repeated. But I think you did good.

ETA,......let me be the first to point out, when the zombies attack, if that screw gets loose after 14 magazines and jams the trigger........ well ,,, I mean, ....... don't over complicate a baloney samitch...........uh,..... ...ak go bang every time.., ............uh

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks quite nice, except i dont like the lower hand-guard, which clearly used to be a pistol grip, which can be smoothed down to look normal! But thats just me. Nice! :grin:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
bamaak said:
Functionally, it's much the same as what is done on adjustable triggers inside the receiver. It should work fine.

Some might suggest it is a less refined solution than other methods. However I think it looks fine, but should be black hardware.

After using this setup for a few hundred rounds I think you will be the best judge of it, and whether it should be repeated.

ETA,......let me be the first to point out, when the zombies attack, if that screw gets loose after 14 magazines and jams the trigger........ well ,,, I mean, ....... don't over complicate a baloney samitch...........uh,..... ...ak go bang every time.., ............uh

That't gimmick infringement :twisted: and you spelled my sig line wrong too.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
oops!, sorry walt, nothing personal, I forgot where I saw that.

Plagiarism should at least be accurate, huh.

Gimmicks shall not be infringed.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I think it's a pretty good idea. Simple and effective... I'll have to give it a try with maybe a little "tweak" so as not to totally infringe on a gimmick :oops:

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Remember the NDS 3 has that extra long slot under there that is shaped for a Century FCG.

On the one I used I just cut a second slot to normal length on the other side and installed a G2 double hook. No excess over travel that way or chance of trigger slap. I like the feel of the double hook FCG too. Just seems smoother than the single.

Great solution though! Cool that it's adjustable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts