AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do akm firing pins work on the ak74s? Specifically one of the round firing pins like k-var was selling - I think its east german - it has the flutes on it. Anyways will that work with my sgl31? I want a spare... I am also wondering about extractors. Where do you get spare bolt parts for these?

· Registered
3,318 Posts
AKM firing pins are fatter and shorter than modern AK-100 series pins. From what I hear, they either won't fit or will fit but not be long enough to work properly. I dunno about the specific pin you ask, but I would try to find some variant of AK-74 pin (or AK-100 pin).

· Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok might as well look for a used bolt then and use it for parts if I ever need them.

I never disassembled the sgl31 bolt - is it spring loaded? Im 99.9% sure its not, but it makes me wonder which rifles had the spring loaded firing pin?

· Registered
869 Posts
BLindeye_03 said:
Ok might as well look for a used bolt then and use it for parts if I ever need them.

I never disassembled the sgl31 bolt - is it spring loaded? Im 99.9% sure its not, but it makes me wonder which rifles had the spring loaded firing pin?
Some Chinese ones do. I have a post-ban Polytech that has one.

· Registered
673 Posts
BLindeye_03 said:

No it is not. Bulgarian and Chinese 5.56 rifles are spring loaded for use with softer primer commercial ammo I believe. KVAR sells a 74 bolt repair kit that should work for the SGL.

· Registered
5,054 Posts
Is the repair kit that KVAR sells East German? Is there a difference between EG and Bulgy, etc..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.