AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm mad as hell!!!!! just went to buy a new pistol (S&W 990L)after being strung along since Friday.....They call me today and say DENIED!!!!! I have know idea why.... I just bought a Arsenal U.S.A. AK in September.....no problem...... Not so much as a speeding ticket since
But no apparently I can't buy a pistol...... Good thing, I've built 4 AK's since September.....
As a Veteran this really heats me up!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Damn,...............is there an appeals process or a number you can call to find out why?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you provide your social on the 4473? Alot of the time when a buyer does not provide a social it gets delayed so they can sort thru all the "john smiths" and find out who you are. NICS may have made a mistake or your dealer may have maid one. When a 4473 is called in and giving a delay and NICS does not contact him within three days its the same as a proceed and he is clear to sell the firearm. Only time he would not be able to sell the firearm is if the called back and actually told him it was denied.

How old are you may I ask? If you are 18 you can buy a rifle but you must be 21 to purchase a handgun.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 37...... and yes there's an appeal process.... but I'm not a patient person.... especially when It's my rights that are in question.....

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
KY-AK said:
I'm 37...... and yes there's an appeal process.... but I'm not a patient person.... especially when It's my rights that are in question.....
Did you give your SS? Did the guy who called you in make a mistake when he read your info?

Anyway you Will have to appeal that if you want to buy another gun. It's not a hard process. I understand you anger, but shit happens. Just get the paperwork and fill out the needed info. Once it's cleared up you'll be fine.

BTW the way the NICS system works is it goes thru a list of guys with the same name as you, same birthplace, then birthday, ***and hopefully SS*** can confirm you are who you are. If you are mistaken for another person, that is possiblity for the denial.

Appeal it ASAP!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
i always hive all of my info includeing ss# i print very clearly,.. and thin i listen as the dealer calls it in,.. twice i have been able to catch mistakes.

you should be able to get it cleared up in no time. so relax a bit,..a mistake anywhere in the line is not worth the higer blood pressure

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had a problem about 10 years ago LOL...seems there was an ex con with the same name...so everytime Id buy a gun it took extra long. So I get pissed and tell them this shit has to stop. I agreed to let them look at my record everytime I buy a gun and its went smoothly ever since. Never had another problem. Theres got to be something you can do to lift the order.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
I got denied recently when purchasing a handgun here in Va. I was kind of surprised at that. I'm retired Navy and once held a secret security clearance. Clean record. Heck, my last traffic ticket was almost ten years ago. But they were nice enough to tell me why through the Dealer who I was dealing with. I had just bought another handgun ten days before. Here in Va. you must wait 30 days between purchases on handguns. They told me to come back after the 30 days was up. So I just put the gun on layaway for now. I didn't know the law on that at the time.
Can they deny you without giving a reason? I'd think they should at least have to tell you why.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Sidecarnutz said:
I got denied recently when purchasing a handgun here in Va. I was kind of surprised at that. I'm retired Navy and once held a secret security clearance. Clean record. Heck, my last traffic ticket was almost ten years ago. But they were nice enough to tell me why through the Dealer who I was dealing with. I had just bought another handgun ten days before. Here in Va. you must wait 30 days between purchases on handguns. They told me to come back after the 30 days was up. So I just put the gun on layaway for now. I didn't know the law on that at the time.
Can they deny you without giving a reason? I'd think they should at least have to tell you why.
Can't you guys in VA buy another one under 30 days if you trade in another pistol to the dealer? Sell him a nagant revolver for $50 and I think you can pick up the new one today.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
You mean people are buying those guns? :shock:
I got to shoot my buddies Nagant at the Range in Jan. He was using .32 longs to save his proper "Nagant" ammo. Geez! Horrible trigger in DA. And without the proper shells in it, there's no gas seal. Dang thing spat a burning ember up in the air and right onto my ear! My son laughed himself half to death and offered to stomp it out for me. (Thanks son, but no thanks!)
That said, I have never been good at shooting revolvers. It's a very interesting piece of gun history and the unique gas seal system is fascinating from a mechanic's stand point. Works well too if the proper ammo is used.
But I wouldn't want to own a gun I don't want to shoot. I can't afford to own a museum! I like guns that mechanically interesting, good history to them and fun to shoot.
But I really enjoy my little Polish P64 in Mak caliber. That is a beautiful and fine shooting little gun! I got a new spring coming to fix it's difficult DA trigger pull. In SA it's great! Dang near a tack driver at 30'.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here in SC I walk in, fill out the required paperwork, show my concealed weapons permit, pay and walk out the door. No more background checks! Thank God!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sidecarnutz said:
VA doesnt use standard nics. Your 4473 gets called into state police. If you have or have ever had a security clearance theres a very good chance it will get delayed. If you have a CC you can buy as many pistols a month as you like.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts