AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here do appraisals? I wanna take out an insurance policy on my modest little collection. Only four of them I dont have the original bill of sale for, so I have to get a written appraisal to cover them. They are the following:

Glock 21 , 2nd generation, ~15 yrs old
Ruger 10/22, ~15 yrs old
Browning A-bolt Medalian 30-06, ~15 yrs old
Mossberg 500, ~20 yrs old

All of which are in pristine condition.

I contacted a local guy and he wanted $150/hr!!!! He said it would "probably" take an hour. Is this how much everyone charges? I mean, I can understand if it was some really rare rifle, worth many thousands of dollars, but $150 to appraise these basic run-of-the-mill pieces???

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This should help you:

Blue Book Publications 29th Edition Gun Value

It pretty much a reference standard.

Personally I'd invest in a good fireproof safe. Gun values can change so much over time, especially rare items or niche market items. Just look at Pre-ban's during the ban or pre-86 imports (H&K, Aug, Galil, etc.).

Think of your safe as a long term investment. Buy now and you'll have it forever. No need for yearly premiums or fighting with insurance companies. Plus, you probably have a few pieces with immeasurable sentimental value that couldn't be replaced.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I own 3 of the 4 you have listed.

G22 Second Gen = $300
Ruger 10/22 = 150 w/o optics
Mossberg 500 = $175

That'll be my usual price of one free AK mag :grin:

Thanks,
Deros

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deros said:
I own 3 of the 4 you have listed.

G22 Second Gen = $300
Ruger 10/22 = 150 w/o optics
Mossberg 500 = $175

That'll be my usual price of one free AK mag :grin:

Thanks,
Deros
Thanks for the help, but I need a written appraisal, complete with fancy letterhead and the like. I asked them if I could just submit the blue-book value and they said nada. Plus, I have a G21, not G22.

One more thing, I noticed youre in the UK. How do you get to own a handgun? Just curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
WHen i asked my insurance company about guns they didnt want anything official just which guns i have and approx value and that would determine how much i needed. He also told me my renters insurance came with gun coverage up to $1500 i said ya that aint enough lol...

·
Registered
515 Posts
You crazy Americans think nobody here owns handguns?!?!
Only the law abiding subjects of her majesty can't own them bwahahahaahahah
Us criminals have all the handguns we could ever want.

Acutally if you look at the little saying under my post that should explain it all :wink:
The Glock's and AK's are in storage pending a triumphant return to my God given rights and freedoms in America.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts