AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know who to go to on compliant fire control parts for a Yugo M92 Krink & Yugo M70AB2. I have heard of a company U.S. something or ruther. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
the G2 triggers are usually the most widely-used due to their price. they can usually be had for about 30 bucks or so, and most places that sell AK parts will sell the G2 fire control groups.

the red star arms adjustable is the other one that immediately pops into my head, but it is a bit more costly at around 75 bucks per set. i've been told it's very very very nice, but since none of my AK's are meant to be match-grade rifles, i've stuck with the G2 and been very satisfied.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I have another question regarding fire control compliance parts. Single hook/double hook. What does the Yugo M92 use and what does the Yugo M70AB2 use? Does the adjustable trigger from Red Star make a real difference in the pull/travel?

What to thank the first responder for the heads up on red star. Good to know we have a lot of AK friends out there.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
as far as i can tell, single/double is purely personal preference. many flats are only machined for a single hook trigger, so if you get a double you'll need to make sure you relieve it for that.

some people say the double hook is a slightly smoother pull. personally i've not noticed any difference. i have both, and will probably be going single-hook on my last few builds just cause that's what the flats are made for initially, and i personally have no "need" for the extra couple minutes of work it takes to relieve for a double. :wink:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Armed Ferret. Appreciate the no nonsense response. Based on your experience, seems like the single hook is the way to go. Likewise, your absolutely right, no need to go with the adj. trigger.

My old D.I. use to say don't make things any harder for yourselves, tried and true methods always works best. Many thanks. I thank you for your response.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
No problem whatsoever--it's why this site exists. :grin:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Somebody once told me that double hooks will lessen the chance of trigger slap but I would call BS on that one personally. Of course I have yet to even experience that, but that's perfectly fine by me. :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts