AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience concerning the differences between East German AKM an Ak-74 fire control groups? I may have gleaned a few differences, but this is based off of sets I’ve bought from vendors, and me making assumptions on their use. RTG-Parts received a good selection of painted EG-74 parts recently. With these odds and ends he was selling EG fire control groups. These came with the trigger, disconnector (with spring), and rate reducer (with spring). It also came with a sheetm,metal tube that held the assembly together for ease of installation. I’m assuming they were for the 74. Recently I bought a rate reducer and trigger from Stephan.de (listed as AK47, but clearly AKM as it is single hook and Stephan lists everything as 47 or 74). The main differences between the Stephan.de and RTG Parts parts were the following. RTG Parts, the action pin hole was much larger than normal to accommodate the sheet metal sleeve. The ones from Stephan were the size of the action pin hole. The trigger on the Stephan part was thicker than the RTG one. I’ll post pics later. To summarize, I want to know which is AKM and which is 74….because if the small hole is AKM…then I need to find out where to get a disconnector with a small hole 

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
MPi-KM = Blued trigger
MPi-AK-74 = painted trigger

Could just be a variation in MPi-KM groups

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one with the large hole is matt blued, the other is shiney...perhaps just early and late. This would make sense, as the tube that keeps the assembly together on the large hole was an improvement to facilitate easy installation. Soooo, anyone know a source for the small holed EG disconnectors?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts