AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of buying and selling on here, I finally got my account locked. They immediately made it clear that I had 100% access to my funds. I wonder if somebody sued them and won. I cleared my account out and its technically permanently limited access.

I tried opening a separate account with a new email for paying for ebay auctions etc and no dice

·
Registered
721 Posts
Would you be willing to post the email they sent you? Do you know what item they finally flagged you on?

:pyro:paypal

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Welcome to the club!!
I've been locked out for a year now for accepting payment for a Uzi magazine using paypal!!!
It was convenient ,but I don't miss it a bit.USPS money orders for the win!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm sure you could open a new account by using a anonymous proxy and a different web browser.

J

Robpiat said:
I tried opening a separate account with a new email for paying for ebay auctions etc and no dice

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
You played the odds for years and finally got it closed! :hail: That's some pretty good luck if you ask me.

Reactions: wpmick

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Anybody use GunPal? I have not tried it yet, but figure it's only a matter of time before I'm permabanned from PayPal too...

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
rob-cubed said:
Anybody use GunPal? I have not tried it yet, but figure it's only a matter of time before I'm permabanned from PayPal too...
I notice more and more GunBroker vendors using GunPal lately. Looks like this could become quite popular for gun and ammo sales before long.

G

·
0 Posts
I have had my account locked for selling items on Gunbroker. Even though the items I sold were the same items I was selling on Ebay at the time. After about a month of jumping through their hoops, I told them either unlock my funds, or I would pull everything off Ebay and go with Gunbroker only. It seemed to work. I guess they got pissed for not getting another 10% for the sale on Gunbroker.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
dtom29 said:
JMO...Gunpal should be used for everything, I never did understand why anybody would support Paypal anyway.
I support Paypal because its convenient for everything but firearms-related purchases. While that one policy is annoying, it certainly doesn't detract from all of the other benefits of buying with Paypal.

·
Super Moderator
10,310 Posts
jtrade said:
I'm sure you could open a new account by using a anonymous proxy and a different web browser.

J

Robpiat said:

It is using the same bank account that locks you out. Use a different bank account and e-mail to get back in.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
What finally did it?

I just had someone use gun terms on me the other day, I immediately refunded and sent an email back explaining that we were done doing business.

I just opened a gunpal account, I'm sick of this shit.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The PayPal User Agreement states that PayPal, at its sole discretion,
reserves the right to limit an account for any violation of the User
Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy. Under the Acceptable Use
Policy, PayPal may not be used to send or receive payments for firearms,
firearm parts or accessories, ammunition, weapons or knives.

The complete Acceptable Use Policy can be found at the following URL:
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm ... me-outside

To learn more about the Acceptable Use Policy, please refer to our Help
Center page here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/helpweb?cmd=_help

We are hereby notifying you that, after a recent review of your account
activity, it has been determined that you are in violation of PayPal's
Acceptable Use Policy regarding your sales of An Assault/Sniper Rifle (ALS
50 BMG). Therefore, your account has been permanently limited.
If you have a remaining balance, you may withdraw the funds to your bank
account. Information on how to withdraw funds from your PayPal Account can
be found at our Help Center.

You will need to remove all references to PayPal from your website(s)
and/or auction(s). This includes not only removing PayPal as a payment
option, but also the PayPal logo and/or shopping cart. We thank you in
advance for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please contact
the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy Department at [email protected].

Sincerely,
PayPal Acceptable Use Policy Department
PayPal, an eBay Company
Gunpal is fine for certain things, but we need an agnostic payment system that competes head to head with paypal and becomes popular. I'd like to see something from western union, google, or another company that could make it work.

I have an ebay auction up right now that requires paypal payment and I am not sure how it'll play out. I tried to remove the link between my accounts but it still shows up in my auction because there are bids.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
That sucks Rob. As another poster mentioned, try opening a new PayPal with a different bank account number/email combo. Maybe even in your wife's name? Change enough stuff around, and if the shipping address is still the same you can probably fly under their radar. I'm not sure if they log IP, and would actively try to sniff that out--but I suspect not as the system doesn't care what computer you use.

I didn't realize they even banned knives (WTF)? I just bought a kukri for camping with PayPal...

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
How did they find out you were selling it? Did they sneak on here or did the buyer fully list it out in the description?

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The buyer put it in the description...I sent him a blank invoice and he got creative. Oddly, his account is not locked.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts