AK Rifles banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still in BFE, but figured I found a wireless signal, might as well make the most of it and share some progress photos with you'ns. ;)

Here we have the extremely rare, but wholly magnificent Bearded Ferret displaying two fine examples of why he comes to South Dakota:

A fine example here of a couple hours' "hard work":

Another rare sighting of this magnificent creature, displaying his day's nomnoms:

Here we see the FerretDad attempting to claim that which he did not catch (although we'll let him think he did for posterity):

And now, a few short steps to South Dakota-style deliciousness.

Step 1: the cleaning station.

Step 2: the breading.

Step 3: the fryer.

(Step 4 is profit, of course)

And when enjoying massive amounts of walleye in South Dakota, one cannot forget the Pheasant tenderloins, wrapped with a couple jalapenos in bacon. It ain't a horrid way to spend an evening:

And just cause I'm feeling nice, here's a few extras just to enjoy.

Beats the shipoopie out of Afghanistan for the summer, that's for sure.

ETA: I know nothing about the "Sukut's Walleye Adventures" on the sign. I have a cousin here who guides, and I'm fairly certain that Sukut fella is another guide in the area. It's just a random hanging/photo spot a few steps from the front door of the house we stayed in, so we use it for photos.

And yes, I was able to secure a hook-up for pheasants, pronghorns, and mule deer. Probably won't make it back THIS fall, but next year I'm planning on massive amounts of bloodshed.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
I'm going to have to try some of those jalapenos in bacon, along with some tequlia shooters.

· Registered
815 Posts
That pheasant looks damn tasty. I've never had pheasant before, but I think you could wrap up a rat in bacon and jalapenos and I'd eat it!!!

Great pics, looks like you had a great time hangin' with FerretDad.

· Registered
892 Posts
Sounds like you had a well deserved good time.
It's great to get out and "work" for your supper.

Up here in Ohio (north shore) we have some fine walleye fishing.
Try them fried in beer batter and your tongue will beat the top of your head off they are so good.

· Registered
1,110 Posts
Nice! I'm heading to Green Bay for walleyes in a few days, hopefully we do as well as you. I love those western states though and the open plains. I'm heading to Wyoming for antelope in Sept. (assuming I draw) and North Dakota in Oct. for pheasants/ducks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.