AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
A friend of mine pulled one of their HP's and maybe a SP and they measured .223. His tantal was having problems and that's when he checked.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Thinking about buying a bunch? I think that one of the design features of a 74 is a straighter shot into the chamber from the magazine, which should or could make it more tolerant of cartridge overall length and bullet nose shape and slickness.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a couple hundred for varmint hunting. I'm trying to get away from the corrosive ammo because I live in an extremely humid state. Every time I go shooting I clean my rifle, I turn around and it's rusting. Pain in the ass. I tried shooting non corrosive after the corrosive and that didn't work either. So I'm gonna use Wolf for playing around and hopefully Barnaul SP for hunting. Hopefully.

·
Registered
727 Posts
hackbenjamin: Try using a black powder solvent first and then clean normally. I use CLP for a final coat. I live in SW GA and so far no rust with my Tantal. I use the black powder solvent from Thompson Center. Birchwood Casey should also be good. Hoppes #9 Plus is also for black powder.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could use the black powder solvent and that would be fine. But theres times when I dont get a chance to clean it right away and sometimes I am just lazy and dont feel like cleaning it after only shooting a couple of rounds. So non corrosive is the way to go for me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had one FTFeed with the SP in my SLR 105 out of 300rds or so. Bulletwas pointin up towards the barrel but didn't make it in.

I've only shot paper @ 25ft but it hits soda bottles as far as I can see them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts