AK Rifles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purched 3 romanian 2 yugo bolt lock 10/30 mags from this place before. Fast shipping and no complaints. They are currently out of polish and romanian 10/30 mags. I want to get more than 5 mags for my AK since they keep going up in price, and it is very hard to find cheap 10 round mags here in NY. What do you think of these 30 round korean mags blocked to 10 rounds? I've heard mixed opinions on them so I want to ask your opinions since the price is right.

Funk Ammo - 10 PACK!!! 10/30 Century Arms Korean AK-47 Magazine 7.62x39 10/30 Roun

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Never tried those. But if you want good 10/30 mags go to jestice arms. Hes the man.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
http://jesticearms.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=91_93

some of them will be a little pricipey because of availability, especially when it comes to 10/30 mags. But the difference between jestice and some others is that most people who offer 10/30s just do tapco or promag or some crap like that. Jestice does surplus mags.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Can't speak for the blocked portion but generally the mags sucked.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Avoid the South Korean mags. Crap. North Korean, though tough to find, are definitely worth having. These are South Korean made

·
Registered
617 Posts
I got one of the black korean mags and it was OK, not great. But either way, you can find those much cheaper.Grey mags for $7.99, black ones for $5

·
Registered
65 Posts
I purched 3 romanian 2 yugo bolt lock 10/30 mags from this place before. Fast shipping and no complaints. They are currently out of polish and romanian 10/30 mags. I want to get more than 5 mags for my AK since they keep going up in price, and it is very hard to find cheap 10 round mags here in NY. What do you think of these 30 round korean mags blocked to 10 rounds? I've heard mixed opinions on them so I want to ask your opinions since the price is right.

Funk Ammo - 10 PACK!!! 10/30 Century Arms Korean AK-47 Magazine 7.62x39 10/30 Roun
Has anyone used steel mags from croatia?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've a couple Croate mags that, IMO, typical of any other run of the mill surplus magazine. They fit, they work. The only Euro mags I've got I don't like are the commercial Bulgarian steel with plastic followers, I've had problems with slow motion follower movement, took lots of work getting them to work.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Its the same here ... no shops carry mags
I order them on line .... just got a batch of Tapcos off ebay about 10 bucks each shipped and they work great.
The Korean ones are kinda junk ... the springs seem weak and the followers seem canted .... I don't trust them

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had a few Korean 30's that were given to me. I loaded them up, and put them in the storage can with the rest of my go-to mags. About 3 weeks later, I was awakened to the sound of rounds hitting the inside of the can. The feed lips on 3 mags had splayed out, and could no longer retain the rounds. I unloaded the rest, and tossed them on the scrap heap.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I got a couple Yugo, Croatian and Bosnian (Gibbs Matra) mags. They all look similar, but at a closer look the Yugo and Croatians are the best. In my personal opinion, the surplus Yugo's are only slighylt better than the Croatians (little better fit/finish) but overall for as cheap as you can find the Croatian mags sometimes ($12-13) they are a good buy. The Gibbs-Matra mags have pretty poor fit/finish and sketchy quality control.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts