AK Rifles banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21,691 Posts
It would have to be about ten thousand more to show real market shakeup. There are 175,977 registered transferables, though that snippet doesn't elaborate what kind of item it is.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
It would have to be about ten thousand more to show real market shakeup. There are 175,977 registered transferables, though that snippet doesn't elaborate what kind of item it is.
I wonder how many are still out there unregistered. I hope that really cooks the governments noodle all the time. Just knowing some people said get fucked to the nfa and the amnesties. I see that number of 180 thousand mg’s And think yeah right in the 80 some years since mgs became a thing there were only 180k in circulation.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
There are actual NFA owners buried with their MGs.

I wonder how that figures into the registry.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
435 Posts
There are actual NFA owners buried with their MGs.

I wonder how that figures into the registry.

I've heard a significant chunk of NFA items are registered to people who are almost certainly deceased. The paper trail just hasn't been followed up on who owns it now and had it updated.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
One of my RR ar15 got lost on the paper trail.
It was registered and the owner passed away.
Gun was sold like any other and I found it at the pawn shop.
Got it traced to the owners wife and we worked out the paperwork.

Needed death certificate and then a transfer to her on form 5 and then finally to me.
But a RR for 1100 plus $200 ...was worth the effort.

It was tedious but it sat at that pawn shop for months on end until I found it. Lord knows what would have happened if someone else got it.

A vector Uzi also went the pawn route and that was weirder as the pawn shop gave it to a funsmith who just welded the stock shut and called it a day...as they thought it was a semi illegal SBR.

I have knowledge of a Fleming that burned in a fire and another lost in a house of a hoarder who still has papers but can't find it in his house.

NFA is weird...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts