AK Rifles banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry to see that. Hope your stuff came through okay.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah, it was good. All there. 2 day air package delivered in three day. Ups said oops, sorry we couldn't deliver on time. We are truly at the discretion of the shipping gods. You will get it when you get it. But...who else is out there. Shippers bargain for special rates. And they use the lowest bid prices on shipping, still passing on premium shipping costs to customers.
Sucks on a grand scale. Collusion is what it is, squeezeing the market. Order a $5.00 item and it costs you $8.99 for shipping something that will fit in a $3.00 envelope. Bastards...
Just my rant, sorry! BigJoe, still American.

·
Registered
267 Posts
United States Procrastination Service

I have ordered things from China that are much cheaper to ship from there to America than it is to ship something within America. Sometimes shipping is free, sometimes it is only a few dollars.

Every other country I have bought from costs more. Even shipping from Canada is not cheap. One Canadian company I buy from takes their product across the border themselves to Washington then ship it from there for American orders to save on shipping costs. They are located in southern British Columbia, 3 miles from the border.
Companies and corporations seem to have taken it upon themselves to transfer wealth from "the rich Americans" to everyone else on the planet, as a humanitarian gesture.
The pharmaceutical companies gouge the heck out of us to pay for all the development and stock dividends, while selling their product to what they believe to be third world countries, at cost. Gotta keep them bushmen in weenie and hair growth pills.
USPS seems to be operating the same way. They negotiate delivery rates with all foreign countries, individually. And we appear to be subsidizing all of the third world mail delivery on the planet. We pay an exorbitant rate to them to deliver the mail going into their country, they pay nothing to us to deliver the mail they deliver into the US, and USPS makes up for it by tacking on more to what we pay at the counter for all mail, international and domestic. Not just China, but also all the former Soviet states. Even the shipping rates from Japan are a fraction of what we pay to send mail and packages to Japan. Partially because they still have surface, and some idiot at USPS decided to switch everything to air. And that has worked really well now that there is no surplus capacity on airliners to carry mail.
That air service shortage is also probably why US Mail remains blocked by the supposed pandemic, from service to most of the rest of the world. While mail from China and other places is slightly delayed, but up and running.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Luck of the draw on the driver or drivers that ordinarily run one's route.

So my experience is the opposite. Zero UPS problems for many years, but I had a string where, by now I don't remember exactly, but it was 5 or 6 deliveries in the space of a few weeks where the fucktard diversity-hire contracted Fed-Ex-truck driver dropped off my packages randomly at whatever nearby address he had another package to deliver, typically "signing" with his own initials to "prove" delivery.

Hours, literally, on the phone with the Fed-Ex fuckers, finally getting it escalated. at which point I'm informed that Fed-Ex ground is delivered by non Fed-Ex employees and there's nothing they can (read, "will") do, and they refused to give me contact information for whoever it as at the contracted company that would have any authority or ability to take action.

Shit outfit.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
For those that do not know, Fedex does not own their own trucks whether they are semis or delivery vans. They are owner operators. The semis trucks are owned by someone that leases to Fedex and hires the drivers. I think Fedex owns the trailers, containers, and chassises. The delivery trucks and vans are owned by the driver. The Fedex delivery drivers bid on their lanes. Fedex planes might be the same way, a company owns the planes and leases the to Fedex. I am not sure about Fedex planes. I believe DHL does the same thing with their trucks.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
For those that do not know, Fedex does not own their own trucks whether they are semis or delivery vans. They are owner operators. The semis trucks are owned by someone that leases to Fedex and hires the drivers. I think Fedex owns the trailers, containers, and chassises. The delivery trucks and vans are owned by the driver. The Fedex delivery drivers bid on their lanes. Fedex planes might be the same way, a company owns the planes and leases the to Fedex. I am not sure about Fedex planes. I believe DHL does the same thing with their trucks.
Kinda.

FedEx Express and FedEx Ground/Home delivery are separate entities. FedEx owns all of the planes and operates FedEx Express but sells Ground/Home Delivery routes to contractors. The contractors buy and maintain delivery trucks as well as hire, train, and pay drivers if they don't run the routes themselves. They're basically structured so their workforce can't unionize like USPS and UPS. If I have something sent to me via FedEx Ground or Home Delivery I just have it sent to a FedEx Kinkos because they can't really screw that up as far as the delivery itself. I typically don't have problems with USPS or UPS but if USPS screws something up it takes an extended period of time to rectify the problem. DHL was an American company that got bought out by Germans and was bankrupted in the USA when they tried to undercut every other delivery service. DHL in the US just handles international stuff now for the most part. If you're into reading weird stuff then research the crazy founder of DHL.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts