AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my FCG, fearing I have one of those Tapco disconnectors drilled too deep. My new Tapco G2 Single Hook FCG's disconnector isn't ground down on the backside, like the old one is. Having a problem reinstalling safety lever (yes, I am depressing the trigger), and it won't go back into place.

Do I need to buy a differant safety lever? Anyone come across this issue?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you for your advice, guys.

I can see how it would work if I didn't replace the pin retaining spring w/ a pin retaining plate. I had to destroy the spring to remove it, it was installed incorrectly. I figured I'd use a plate in replacement. To use the plate, the safety has to be installed last.

At this point I only see 3 options: Getting another retaining pin spring, grinding down the safety lever, or buying a differant lever. I haven't been able to find someone w/ a grinder, so I figure another purchase will need to be made.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No you can install the safety but turn it down and leave it loose in the receiver. Install FCG, then the plate, then work the lever around and then install it in the hole. I 've been able to do it that way before.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Do you have a Harbor Frieght in your area ? they have grinders of all sizes for cheap prices and the quality is good enough for many uses. Grinding the selector is what you need since the area that ordinarily would engage the tail of the disconnector for full auto fire should be ground away for a dedicated semi-auto FCG, that way your plate will work and you do not have an unmodified full auto part in use (if that last part really matters for legality ? ) I recall seeing a Dremel style hand grinder with many bits at H.F. for around $10 or so.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No you can install the safety but turn it down and leave it loose in the receiver. Install FCG, then the plate, then work the lever around and then install it in the hole. I 've been able to do it that way before.
Cannot get this to work... the lever won't pivot w/ out it going through the other side of the reciever.

Grinding it is then...

Appreciate all the input, fellas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts