AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am installing the compliance parts. Got the mag release and bolt release in no problem.

I have about 3-different versions of the FCG I am looking at. I believe I have it figured out, but two questions.

What is the small spring pin for? I see it must go through the sear, but what does it do? SHould it stick out one side or the other?

Also, the pin to hold the disconnector to the trigger is from the VZ58 kit (removed from old trigger group). The pin seems really short compared to the width of the trigger mechanism. Can that pin work its way out eventually and cause the disconnector to fall off?

·
Registered
371 Posts
That roll pin should stick out of the left side of the sear. It should stick out far enough to be caught by the small cutout in the disconnector.

The pin for the trigger should be a fairly tight fit. Mine was, so I'm not too worried about it working itself out.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, so I got that and everything is in.

Now, When I pull the trigger, the disconnector grabs the pin and pulls on it slightly, then lets the pin go. But it is not pulling hard enough before letting go to disconnect the striker from the sear.

I can tell if I move the safety catch a little bit, it will let the striker go. If I move the safety catch a little more, then it grabs the pin real good, lets the striker go, but does not let the pin on the seat go.

Is there something I need to file down to get it to release correctly?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts