AK Rifles banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Sorry for the lack of updates and progress on this, my sciatica is kicking my butt bad. Saw my Neurologist today, he ordered a new CT Scan, as I'm not only having lumbar issues, but also my right arm goes numb and it feels like electricity is running through it a times.

Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

Sorry for your troubles Mike, I can relate. 2 discectomies at my L4/L5. Now I get the occasional facet joint spasm, but these have decreased since my last surgery in 2017. Still, get the odd twinge in my foot every now and then, and I can't do sit ups anymore. I do a lot of walking and ride my recumbent exercise bike to stay in shape. It hasn't always been easy though.

Reactions: USAF Sarge

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Did that barrel come from Brownells?

They have been sending out canted front sights on them. Several folks on the webbernets have received them.
Nope not from Brownells. I checked when it arrived and I just double checked my FSB again and luckily it appears to be straight using my Mk1 Eyeball. I'll look for a laser later and check it out again.

As for canted sights, I wonder if it's because of the high demand for barrels? Manufactures/Dealers are out, and no sooner do they get them in, they sell out in a manner of minutes/hours. So I'm sure they are pushing them out as quick as they can and QC is lacking or being ignored. Unless this is something Brownells is known for?

Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Sorry for your troubles Mike, I can relate. 2 discectomies at my L4/L5. Now I get the occasional facet joint spasm, but these have decreased since my last surgery in 2017. Still, get the odd twinge in my foot every now and then, and I can't do sit ups anymore. I do a lot of walking and ride my recumbent exercise bike to stay in shape. It hasn't always been easy though.
Tell me the aging process isn't for sissies that's for sure. I always remind myself "If I had known back then, what I know now, I wouldn't have done the things I'm paying for now, back then....."

Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

41 - 44 of 44 Posts