AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here's a worry....
i have this izzy HB on an imbel reciever.... my other FALs have selectors that do not switch all the way over to the (no longer operable) "full auto" setting... they all hit the upper receiver and dont move all the way there...
we FAL folks all know its the upper receiver that matters on an FAL, but we've also all heard the horror stories of idiot cops or ATF agents that dont know this and about folks whose rifles are confiscated for months while the ATF labs bang away on them trying to get them to go full auto....
this matters to me right now cause i was gonna go walk around the gun show this weekend and see if i could sell it... id hate to go to the "firearms check table" and have some idiot cop freak out because the swith can still move into position....
anybody know of some kind of written statement or something i could find from the ATF explaining the "upper receiver" situation, so i could take that with me just in case?
pardon me for being paranoid.... but im paranoid.... :p

or do i just need to wait until i can have a spot of weld put on there to block the selector, just to be safe?

thanks for your help, folks....

·
Super Moderator
26,347 Posts
Honestly, I would not worry about it. Unless its a real Military made receiver, it has an ejector block installed which means the safety sear cannot be installed. All my FALs have original selectors, and I've never been questioned once.

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
I wouldn't worry about that happening....Why not sell it here or on the FAL Files marketplace, you'll probably get what you want for it or close, gun shows are filled with dealers who want to screw you over or people who think their stuff is gold and your stuff is crap...but you already know that don't you. :cool:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all went well....i ended up doing the "selector switcheroo", and then the check in cop didnt even glance at the rifle..... i carried that beast around for about an hour, had a few guys offer me less than i wanted, and finally had a guy who appreciated what it was (and the fact that it was ALREADY "priced to sell")..... thanks folks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts