AK Rifles banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
No, he is cutting it up and sending pics of that to buyer last I heard.

I’m sure the kit will get listed.

His voice sounded familiar, and he knew a lot names in the game from what the buyer said.

Yet, when I told him his barrel was fake he said “why would someone want to fake a barrel and receiver”. Playing dumb. Such a weird deal.

None of the stories added up, but I can’t prove he was lying.

Reactions: MPiKM-72

·
Registered
175 Posts
“why would someone want to fake a barrel and receiver” Ha! He bought the kit around the middle of May w/o a receiver and a polish barrel. Seems to me he would want to fake a barrel and receiver.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you read my last message?

He is not the only one, there is a 12 receiver order from 2013 from a well known member here. I know of a 20 receiver order from 2015.

For the record, I am not actively reading this forum anymore. I don’t know about AKnuts issue, I know about the other 4 people waiting in my immediate circle, but nothing will get resolved on the phone with David. He is my friend, and if I can’t get him to make the receivers not sure who can.

I talked to him for a year, once every 2 weeks or more about the orders from 2013.

DocAK can back me up and vouch for the time I put into helping him, and I achieved nothing. So I am done with that. I am pretty sure all that was discussed, how much time and effort I put into trying to help, and nothing happened.
––––-
On the flip side -
I put in serious time and effort into my products, I had an invite to go to the beach this weekend, and I wanted to go badly.

I finally finished up and shipped 78 receivers from the last three months of orders at 9pm Friday. Dropped them at FedEx drop off site. Got back at 9:15 and pulled an all nighter until noon the next day to filter/bottle and ship all my paint orders so I could relax/drink some fine scotch and eat some great food knowing the bulk of the guys waiting on products are handled.

It’s unfortunate that David couldn’t have had the same drive.
If he’s not willing to put in the effort if making them , why is he not refunding people’s money?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
I don’t know, I handle my business. You will need to ask him.

I’m done with his drama, I have plenty of my own to deal with.

Reactions: MPiKM-72

·
Registered
104 Posts
There’s a 68 Tula listed on GB for $3000 that doesn’t seem to have any info on the receiver. Could that be built on a 80% receiver or is there different location the info could be? A built 80% receiver is illegal to sell intact correct?
Like Richard said you can sell a completed 80% lower or completed receiver if you get tired of it or need money, you just can't make a firearm receiver from an 80% with the intent to sell it. I don't know where Mitchell is getting his info but I am pretty sure he is incorrect in stating you need a model designation on your firearm to sell it. Maybe in some states or regions you do but to my knowledge that isn't a nationwide thing.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
If he’s not willing to put in the effort if making them , why is he not refunding people’s money?

Because no one had the stones to MAKE him give it back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Because no one had the stones to MAKE him give it back.
well that’s how you enable someone to get away with crap like this. If it was me that ordered multiple receivers and never got anything within a year or two, and the guy goes silent. A small claims lawsuit and a call to the ATF would be had.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Interesting to see the whole of akfiles to rise up to thwart a scammer over a fake sale of colored ((10)) waffles but everyone idle about a thief and a cheat, doing it out in the open no less.

·
Banned
11 Posts
Interesting to see the whole of akfiles to rise up to thwart a scammer over a fake sale of colored ((10)) waffles but everyone idle about a thief and a cheat, doing it out in the open no less.
Ha! Very indicative of this whole raving crowd, isn't it..Fun read, though. Guys are still waiting for orders from 5-6 years ago.Unbelievable.

For a one man shop probably takes 3 days to make one, give or take, if full time, he could've built 70 in one year, two hundred work days. Five year backlog means 300-400 orders, no idea what they were sold at but couldn't be too much, so he cleared probably 8-10 grand, so not that much money involved but none were refunded and apparently his business is still listed as legit. 74U has become a vaporware, wake up AK world.
Yeah...hope will keep you going.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Childers or Recreators is good enough for a majority of AK builders. Childers now has the third spot as well. Never saw the point in waiting so long for a receiver.

As far as Russian kits as concerned, they are good but not $2k for an original barrel good. I can get a Polish AKMS original barreled kit for $700-$800 and they as just as good as the Russian ones in terms of fit and finish.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
It’s unfortunate. I liked the products.

If you want to resolve this issue and he owes you, resolve the issue. It doesn’t seem to be getting better.

Reactions: Crusherdestroyer

·
Banned
11 Posts
Childers or Recreators is good enough for a majority of AK builders. Childers now has the third spot as well. Never saw the point in waiting so long for a receiver.

As far as Russian kits as concerned, they are good but not $2k for an original barrel good. I can get a Polish AKMS original barreled kit for $700-$800 and they as just as good as the Russian ones in terms of fit and finish.
Older barrels would be probably as good as any com bloc. I read about Steyr Arms tech that Poles use for their new barrels. Arms of America sells a lot of them

·
Banned
11 Posts
It’s unfortunate. I liked the products.

If you want to resolve this issue and he owes you, resolve the issue. It doesn’t seem to be getting better.
Didn't someone mention no one can get hold of him so how do you resolve it? From reading around here the majority gave up on getting their money back. It's a shame and a scam how would he even hold the license to build firearms, isn't it different than just an FFL?
And then someone decided to add his name on their part, what irony.
My opinion, all AKs made outside of the USSR are fake AKs. So 74U faked a receiver, then someone faked his fake. If he were in business of not scamming people out of their money, no one would fake him. But this whole thing is just stupid, collectors or not, because IT'S ALL FAKES! So what is the hubbub

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
His address and cell phone are tied to his license. I guess I don’t see why it would be hard to get ahold of him somehow if you were determined.

He holds a license, with the ATF. Has anyone called the Houston field office? While you may think they wouldn’t care I have heard they do.

What do you do if your getting the cold shoulder from a shade tree mechanic with your money/car parts or car. You go get it back.

Edited.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Also, for the newbies. There are other options now, but at one time there was Nodak and 74ullc.

That was it.

Then Childers came in later, then much later Recreator.

·
Banned
33 Posts
$20 bucks that is an APEX Russian kit with a scrubbed trunnion. Someone spent a lot of time making a terrible fake

IMG_8780_JPG-1498475.jpg

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
jacob coming back from the dead? His associates getting crafty again? They REAAAAAALLLLY knew how to piss people off...

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Too soon? Nope.

Reactions: evolixsurf
41 - 60 of 100 Posts