·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
That was pretty intense.

Reactions: Greyeagle

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
Yeah he had that foggy "wtf" look. I was wondering if he was going to have a ND in his foot or the car floor.

Reactions: scottyb

·
Registered
564 Posts
Saw this earlier on Youtube. Would have been nice if there was a view of the dash pointing forward since we don't have any view of whats going on outside the van. Just showing the interior doesn't really show any "balls of steel" moments without more context for the driving. If they don't have any exterior cameras they should definitely have some, I would if I was running an armored car company. Just showing the faces of my employees isn't much help.

Seems like the idiots who try to do this just don't actually put in any effort most of the time. From what I have heard and seen testing of, the vehicles used for cash pickups are only rated to stop handguns and shotguns(birdshot/buckshot only), but are basically useless against anything stronger. Yet the dumb criminals only ever use handguns to try robbing an armored truck. I remember a video Demo Ranch did and on the door of an armored car the strongest part was the freaking glass, but the door itself was only barely able to stop small caliber pistol rounds, and only because it had some interior space between the layers. Slugs and intermediate calibers laughed like the door wasn't even there, with the exception of the glass though it only lasted a couple hits before it too was gone.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
WTF were they driving? Looks like a small passenger vehicle. What country was that in---steering wheel on opposite side of ours. Driver had an accent I couldn't quite place. S. African?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Given what I have heard about the more crime ridden areas in SA, its surprising they aren't going around in a humvee or something.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Any chance of getting the video from the attackers' dash cams?

The animatons on the the ABC morning news showed the in car view on Wednesday morning, and assured everyone that the attackers were using "AK47s". The empty heads on their plastic bodies are full of air, so we can depend on their expertise.

The only real hero in this appears to be whoever made and installed the bullet proof glass.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The description of the Ultra-Violence made me immed. conclude that it was in South Africa, just before watching the video.

A Delta Airlines pilot (JFK base) on a crew layover was in a city park in Johannesburg, barely avoided thugs at the Exit, ready to approach him with machetes, for a planned deadly attack.
He was very fortunate that a gated community joining the enclosed park had a guard at the gate, who let him in and displayed his duty handgun as they continued to approach.

I heard this story from some Delta pilots based in Atlanta. The guard told the pilot (wearing street clothes) that this 'type' of thugs would have Killed him with the Machetes o_O, Then robbed him.

My Memphis dentist was driven through downtown J' burg, and he told me that most of the skyscraper bldgs. are now empty, because of security "issues". And most people have a > Panic Room < in their homes.
Some of the homeless people hanging around J' burg looked far scarier Than anybody he sees in Memphis, near where he grew up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts