AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a F.Y.I. to those whom might have a need, I spoke w/Cope's Dist today. I found a link to another Forum and read a post from "Grasshopper" dated 1/13/10 stating " Cope's Distributing Inc is the new manufacturer and provider of US made AK-74 5.45 Followers.". Cope's website states the followers are currently out of stock. However I contacted them @ 866 523 2673 (Misty) and learned they are in the process of having more manufactured with an approximate ETA of six weeks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just got some earlier this month and have ordered from them in the past. They are really not much different from the original followers. Lets hope they get orange back in stock, they have only had the black ones for a long time now.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll be looking for them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Diy...

:cool:...There was a thread with pics(thought it was on this forum) that showed how simple it was to make them from .223 green followers. It had plenty of pics and showed the functional reality of the conversion. It was quite simple with a cut-off wheel combined with a brain! The end result even locked-open on empty. I saved the pics, but I can't do pics on a computer.
....Does the search function....function?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe they will be in black & orange. I suggested brown, but since they are in the works, too late this time. If enough guys asked for brown, etc. maybe they could do a run next time...

·
Super Moderator
10,328 Posts
:cool:...There was a thread with pics(thought it was on this forum) that showed how simple it was to make them from .223 green followers. It had plenty of pics and showed the functional reality of the conversion. It was quite simple with a cut-off wheel combined with a brain! The end result even locked-open on empty. I saved the pics, but I can't do pics on a computer.
....Does the search function....function?
Here is the sticky for making a USGI green follower work in a Weiger mag. I have not seen this applied to regular 5.45 AK-74 mags.

http://www.theakforum.net/forums/20...an-weiger-mag-us-parts-us-follower-found.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts