AK Rifles banner

Vepr or SLR?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys been racking my brain for weeks, i really need some help choosing between the vepr vpr-76239-01 or the new arsenal 107-11(R). They are the same price can anyone give me their opinion on which way to go and why. If i got the slr id put a magpul adjustable stock on it, the vepr id do the same unless i really like the wood stock with thumb hole.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I'd say go with Arsenal just because not neutered rifle with all mil-spec parts - already 922r compliant. Vepr would not be.
really only advantage vepr has over arsenal is a heavier barrel. every other thing on it is literally a downside compared to Arsenal.
that retarded slant receiver, 'sporting' furniture, neutered barrel components.

i personally would go with the arsenal. Veprs are for those poor sods who reside in ban-states.

·
Super Moderator
26,315 Posts
+1 to the above. Arsenal is the way from the choices you listed.

Reactions: cmcclora

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
I'd definitely agree with dneper0mike.

Reactions: cmcclora

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a Vepr 308 and the finish is great! I have the maple Woodstock 20inch barrel. The arsenal is designed to be a more tactical rifle. Specially in that caliber. They are trying to resemble the original military spec ak. The Vepr with thumb stock is geared more towards hunting Depending on caliber and barrel. The caliber you want won’t give you good accuracy with 16” barrel at 200+ yards.
It all comes down to what you want to do with the gun.
I would get the Arsenal in the caliber you suggested 76239 16inch barrel as a 100-200 yard riffle for tactical.
No point on getting the Vepr with furniture for a Hunter rifle in a cartridge that is not for hunting if that is not the intention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I'd say Arsenal as well. Only downside is the fixed stock 'R' is now selling for the same price as the 'FR' rifles (before they vanished) that had the side folding stock. :(

Maybe you could fine a lightly used FR.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts