AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
That is great. What a catalouge. I have never seen, nor read of the "curved barrel" model pictured. Looks very complex. Thats quite a history right there in those pages. I would love to have one of those catalouges. Thanks for the post, and pictures. :cool:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
This needs a sticky!!

Take a look at #31, that looks pretty darn close to a North Korean type 68. Perhaps the Russians gave the Koreans a bunch of these prototypes and they just copied them.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
zb-30 said:
This needs a sticky!!

Take a look at #31, that looks pretty darn close to a North Korean type 68. Perhaps the Russians gave the Koreans a bunch of these prototypes and they just copied them.
+1 for making this a sticky... as always thanks for sharing ptica...always look forward to your post.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
"Produced in Cuba" is certainly interesting.

·
Registered
457 Posts
zb-30 said:
This needs a sticky!!

I doubt it. In fact, it doesn't really look all that much like a 68, at least no more than a regular Sov AKM. The Type 68 is basically a hybrid of a Soviet AKM with a AK-47 with some other Euro, Chinese, and local North Korean characteristics.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I doubt it. In fact, it doesn't really look all that much like a 68, at least no more than a regular Sov AKM. The Type 68 is basically a hybrid of a Soviet AKM with a AK-47 with some other Euro, Chinese, and local North Korean characteristics.
I dunno, look at the bayonet, gas block and rear sling attachment.
That looks very similar to a North Korean type 68.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Thank you Ptica :dance:

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
It does have some striking similarities to a Type 68. Anything is possible and we'll probably never know how/why the North Koreans went with the design that they did but this adds some credence to the argument that the Russian prototype may have had an influencing factor.

I think the magazine in that rifle is interesting - just slightly different than a standard 30rd steel magazine. Look at the top of it.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Awesome pictures...........definitely worth a STICKY...........Calling Templar or Krinkfreak to the front!!!

Hey it also shows the Romy underfolder as a "63" not 65 along with the fixed stock.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
WOW! Im definately wanting to learn more of the Cuban Rifles. Does anyone notice anything differentt on it??

Too bad they didnt take a pic of the trunion marks on that rifle.
And you KNOW its authentic if it was printed in that book. All else is authentic, it has to be.

·
Registered
457 Posts
zb-30 said:
I dunno, look at the bayonet, gas block and rear sling attachment.
That looks very similar to a North Korean type 68.
Yeah, but why would the Sovs give their North Korean friends a basically defunct prototype instead of the AKM?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
looks like the img tag was separated for page 22 and 23 :wink:

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
WOW! Im definately wanting to learn more of the Cuban Rifles. Does anyone notice anything differentt on it??

Too bad they didnt take a pic of the trunion marks on that rifle.
And you KNOW its authentic if it was printed in that book. All else is authentic, it has to be.
Don't be too quick to give a coverall "perfection" to the catalog. Look at #111, the North Korean Type 58. It's got an AKM top cover on it. But the catalog is a great reference and it's awesome to have scanned copies of it here.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
OP, could you please post a zip/rar file containing all the images?

it would save people who want to save the images a lot of time....instead of click save as click save as 20 times we could do that once.....

thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts