AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They only have another month before parts kit are made illegal if you have extra mags try and hook up some of our brothers behind the lines I will be going through my stock and selling what I can prioritizing CA members

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Good for you and thank you for trying to help some people out.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I always did back when I lived in a free state and could get the mags in the first place. Pulling a mag apart before throwing it into a box was never a big deal to me.

·
Registered
826 Posts
They only have another month before parts kit are made illegal if you have extra mags try and hook up some of our brothers behind the lines I will be going through my stock and selling what I can prioritizing CA members

Can you please forward a link to the legal wording of the ban?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
X2. I had no idea parts kits were banned.
Bill Text - AB-48 Firearms: large-capacity magazines.
SEC. 2. Section 32311 is added to the Penal Code, to read:
32311. (a) Except as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section 32400) of this chapter and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, commencing January 1, 2014, any person in this state who knowingly manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, buys, or receives any large capacity magazine conversion kit is punishable by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000) or imprisonment in a county jail not to exceed six months, or by both that fine and imprisonment. This section does not apply to a fully assembled large-capacity magazine, which is governed by Section 32310.
(b) For purposes of this section, a “large capacity magazine conversion kit” is a device or combination of parts of a fully functioning large-capacity magazine, including, but not limited to, the body, spring, follower, and floor plate or end plate, capable of converting an ammunition feeding device into a large-capacity magazine.

Section 1.5 of the same bill is not operative, due to enabling legislation (Senate Bill 396) not being passed.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bill Text - AB-48 Firearms: large-capacity magazines.
SEC. 2.

Section 32311 is added to the Penal Code, to read:

(a) Except as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section 32400) of this chapter and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, commencing January 1, 2014, any person in this state who knowingly manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, buys, or receives any large capacity magazine conversion kit is punishable by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000) or imprisonment in a county jail not to exceed six months, or by both that fine and imprisonment. This section does not apply to a fully assembled large-capacity magazine, which is governed by Section 32310.
(b) For purposes of this section, a “large capacity magazine conversion kit” is a device or combination of parts of a fully functioning large-capacity magazine, including, but not limited to, the body, spring, follower, and floor plate or end plate, capable of converting an ammunition feeding device into a large-capacity magazine.

Section 1.5 of the same bill is not operative, due to enabling legislation (Senate Bill 396) not being passed.
thank you.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
so are you no longer allowed to buy replacement parts for mags already in state?

·
Registered
826 Posts
It sounds like parts are OK, as long as the sum of your parts cannot make a functional high capacity magazine. I am not a lawyer though.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
I understand the mag restriction but didn't find anything about parts kits being banned. Google search didn't turn up anything either. Funny thing I did learn while searching on Cali laws is the sks rifles are banned because it can fire a grenade. Making it a destructive device. Goes to show the law makers truely don't know what their talking about when the pass a BS law.

Either way, I would imagine you could still ship mags to Cali. After all, that's their law. Not federal law.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I understand the mag restriction but didn't find anything about parts kits being banned. Google search didn't turn up anything either. Funny thing I did learn while searching on Cali laws is the sks rifles are banned because it can fire a grenade. Making it a destructive device. Goes to show the law makers truely don't know what their talking about when the pass a BS law.

Either way, I would imagine you could still ship mags to Cali. After all, that's their law. Not federal law.
Well the Yugo M59/66a1 can fire a rifle grenade, however try finding a live grenade and grenade blank.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ok, i'll be the dick here.....move out of Cali!
If you are freedom loving American stop supporting a left wing state with your tax dollars!
By helping folks in California I feel like a parent enabling a drug addict kid by bailing them out of jail.
I can't feel sorry for folks who live in occupied states. Its a choice, no matter what reason they give you.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am not advocating anything illegal, but how would one prove when a magazine entered the state? Sounds like one of the many anti-2a laws that are nonsensical and hard to enforce.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Now that they are banning the parts mags now, if you don't move you are just saying Fuck the 2nd Amendment and your rights. I moved out of here and was unemployed in my new state for awhile, but it's worth it everyday just to now live with freedom.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Actually SKS with detachable mags are banned. Yugo m59/66 with the granade launcher attached is a destructive device.
But here's the kicker, the Zastava/Yugo 59/66 doesn't say "SKS" anywhere on it, and is legal to convert for use of detachable magazines, even though it is functionally exactly the same as an "SKS".

Ok, i'll be the dick here.....move out of Cali!
If you are freedom loving American stop supporting a left wing state with your tax dollars!
By helping folks in California I feel like a parent enabling a drug addict kid by bailing them out of jail.
I can't feel sorry for folks who live in occupied states. Its a choice, no matter what reason they give you.
Well not all of us can just pick up and move. It shouldn't be looked at as enabling anyone. Think of it as what we did in WW2, the more you get into occupied terrotory the better chance we have of fighting back. Until the OLL movememt started in 05, only some of us had black rifles. And the case could've been made that they were rare firearms that few own. Now there's millions of them and everyone has them. They are a common arm in use and now the anti's can't use that uncommon/rare bullshit to take them.

Now that they are banning the parts mags now, if you don't move you are just saying Fuck the 2nd Amendment and your rights. I moved out of here and was unemployed in my new state for awhile, but it's worth it everyday just to now live with freedom.
Like I said, not everyone can just up and leave. Some people have families that can't just be uprooted on a whim just so somebody can get some mags.
It's not easy here, and having people shit on us doesn't help. We're supposed to help liberate those behind enemy lines, not point and laugh.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I moved. It IS worth it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts