AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Essential Arms AR lower receivers are the lowest list price that I have found. Are these lowers good?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Yes, Good lowers.

How much are they going for now??

KyAKGuy

·
Super Moderator
10,312 Posts
EA makes a good lower for the price. Sometimes they have a little more tooling marks than other makers but they correct were it counts in the dimension department.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I bought a dozen of them last year. They were all sequentially ser #d and all are of excellent quality. The only "snag" that I ran into on one (and only one) of them was a very slightly undersized rear take-down pin, detent pin hole (the little hole that the buttstock or receiver back plate covers). It kind of irked me at first but a careful hand turning of the appropriate sized drill bit and it was good to go. I asked around and other people have had this same tiny issue pop up from time to time on almost all of the other makers, so it's not a big deal at all..

One thing to think about is this, the Essential arms lowers have really big "SAFE" and FIRE" markings.. They are substantially larger than any other makers that I have seen. Many people seem to have an issue with the markings size.. Personally I like the large marks. When they are filled with red and white paint they are clearly visible. I built a "batteries" worth of rifles for the family, all of my family are somewhat familiar with the AR platform, but they are not even mild recreational shooters. The large marks make it nice for verifying the condition of the rifle in question both for the user, and for me from a distance..

You can also order the receivers in a couple different colors at a small additional charge. I got one in OD Green and it was a perfect match for damn near every OD Green accessory available on the market..

Also years back Essential produced cast lower receivers. They only manufacture FORGED receivers now.. I believe that allot of people still believe that they still cast their receivers and that is why many people do not even bother to use them.. I can tell you that the fit and finish, including tool marks and overall attention to detail on the Essential receivers is every bit as good and markedly better than that of the Bushmaster receivers that I also have..

Good luck the people at essential are good to deal with and they ship fast to boot.

--->APB

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the information. I'll see what kind of a deal I can get from my local FFL holders.

·
Registered
555 Posts
That's easy...

And cheap, too! These are good receivers? My only ar is on a cmmg lower, it was 120 plus tax. I'm happy with it, though. If I ever build another I'll check them out.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I built a rifle on a cast preban receiver and still have a brand new one sitting in the safe. They've been good receivers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts