AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,277 Posts
If found guilty, he'll be lucky to get off with life in prison. Does Pennsylvania have the death penalty?

·
Super Moderator
26,277 Posts
Good, but I'd rather see him do the hangman's dance in the center of town if convicted.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
I'm glad this is over and the families can get some form of justice. I was very scared this would get dragged out... I'm sure a lot of the towns he greatly effected rely heavily on hunting season for their economy which this manhunt has seriously hurt. Not to mention the millions these operations have probably cost the state

These fuckers do nothing but hurt our cause, and I'm embarrassed that they are even associated with the gun community by our enemies

·
Registered
508 Posts
pa does have the death penalty but does not use it, to many lawyers and I feel your pain people, if law enforcement had any balls, he would not live to see the next sun rise. another circus is coming to town, three years from now and after his mental illness test and evaluations and jury selection of people who have never heard of the man, he will get his trial. and one final note, law enforcement is a joke back in the day he would have been riddled full of bullets. that's my two cents

·
Registered
335 Posts
pa does have the death penalty but does not use it, to many lawyers and I feel your pain people, if law enforcement had any balls, he would not live to see the next sun rise. another circus is coming to town, three years from now and after his mental illness test and evaluations and jury selection of people who have never heard of the man, he will get his trial. and one final note, law enforcement is a joke back in the day he would have been riddled full of bullets. that's my two cents
Innocent until proven guilty is not conditional based on your emotions. He turned himself in and surrendered his weapon.

If you want to complain about a lack of a speedy trial, do that, instead of advocating "shoot on sight" mentalities that result in innocent people getting injured and killed based on misconceptions.

What if someone had the mind to enforce some of your wild west justice on this man? Eric Frein Lookalike Stopped By Cops 20 Times During Manhunt - ABC News

·
Registered
4,884 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Should give Eric plenty of time to write a survival book on how he eluded one the largest and most technologically sophisticated manhunts for 7 + weeks with in a 5 mile square area in history by both Federal and State law enforcements. The end of the story will be up to the court system.

As for the poor guy who resembled Frein walking to and from work every day, hopefully a good Samaritan buys him a car and his ribs heal.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If this man was suspected of killing someone that did not happen to be either a officer in a law enforcement agency or some type of politician I highly doubt so much time, effort, and money would have been put into the man hunt. There is no way this man will receive anything that resembles a fair trial..... Then again the evidence against him is pretty damning.

·
Super Moderator
10,323 Posts
Be interesting to see if the theory has credence that the trooper shot was fucking Fein's sister in law. Does not excuse a cop getting killed but brings an aggravating circumstance into the equation. The whole "Lone Wolf" random nut job being spin by the media and state police seems well fabricated.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Should give Eric plenty of time to write a survival book on how he eluded one the largest and most technologically sophisticated manhunts for 7 + weeks with in a 5 mile square area in history by both Federal and State law enforcements.
So, wonder whom will be first to negotiate the movie rights. Yes... I can definitely see Ben Affleck chasing after the starring role.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
To be honest guys, im torn on this whole eric frein issue. Part of me wants to support him and the other part chastize him. I can understand where he is coming from as far as having enough and going off the rails. The other is understanding that he shouldnt have killed anybody unless they really deserve it. What i mean by that is, i believe that certain people should die without remorse. Rapists, child mollesters, and just plain evil cruel people. As far as if the cop fit into that subject, i guess we will have to wait for the trial and hear friens reasoning to find out.

Either way, im not supporting or condoning his actions until i hear more.

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some people want it to come out that Frein was some sort of John Rambo....wronged by LE and "finishing what they started". I'm of the opinion that he's bat shit crazy...but he is obviously innocent until proven guilty like everyone else. It was as premeditated as premeditated gets, and he'll end up spending life in prison that a minimum no matter what his justification was (even if the Trooper was sleeping with his sister). Adultery will never justify shooting people...and prisons are full of people who prove this point.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Some people want it to come out that Frein was some sort of John Rambo....wronged by LE and "finishing what they started". I'm of the opinion that he's bat shit crazy...but he is obviously innocent until proven guilty like everyone else. It was as premeditated as premeditated gets, and he'll end up spending life in prison that a minimum no matter what his justification was (even if the Trooper was sleeping with his sister). Adultery will never justify shooting people...and prisons are full of people who prove this point.
Your right. And if thats the case then he deserves his full punishment.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts