AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and found a few older threads about the fake eo's. Is anyone out there still using one? Is it holding up? Is it water proof like the real deal? Should I just save up and buy the real deal or are the fake ones just as good?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
The one main thing that the clones lack is true holographic projection image. They use a red dot type image, thus negating the whole point of an Eotech.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Get a real Eotech. The clones are for your .22 and airsoft only.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats the difference between holographic and red dot? I'm just getting the optics bug.

I'm looking at getting one of my ak's into shape to be my main rifle. I plan on really getting to know one rifle, to be very sharp with it. It will either be my Tantal my AKS-74 or my AKS-74U. Most likely it will be my still unbuilt Bulgy AKS-74.

I'm wanting to get it setup with some sort of optic, something thats a good all-weather, easy to use, fast to acquire the target optic.

I dont even know how I'm going to mount it yet. I'm looking at this...

http://dpharms.com/newsdesk_info.php?ne ... 9800e2204a

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
I bougth one from TheDukeRyan that he opsted NIB on gunbroker. I like the reticle (the holographic one 'starbursts' for my due to an astygmatism') but the biggest problem I have foudn is it wash out in bright light even at the highest setting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts