AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,307 Posts
Re: Electronic Armageddon EMP documentary on Nat Geo 06/15/1

Thanks for the heads up. I personally don't place EMP in the high probability category, but it is enough on my radar that I am interested in continuing to learn about it.

joedog

· Registered
5,054 Posts

joedog said:
Thanks for the heads up. I personally don't place EMP in the high probability category, but it is enough on my radar that I am interested in continuing to learn about it.

joedog
+1...I'm more worried about mother nature and the universe..

· Registered
1,307 Posts

Yeah, I do my prep triage like like this. I place emphasis in the following order:

Things that have a large negative impact and a high probability, I prep for first
Things that have a large impact and medium probability second
Medium impact and high probability third
Low impact and high probability fourth (this would be like a power outage without anyth other diaster)
And low probability but high impact last.

I overlay all this with a couple other rules. Any prep that works for all categories gets priority, and any prep that is low cost and easy to do gets done even if it's out of order.

I place EMP in the high impact/low probability/low priority category but may build some faraday boxes for my generators based on the last rule.

joedog

· Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

:EatingPopcorn:

· Registered
4 Posts

It was a very informative show but there is not a heck of alot anyone can do than, have non electrical laterns. It may good to have a very old running vehicle or motorcycle. If you live in a major city you're pretty much screwed. People living in the country would be the least affected, especially compared to those in cities. EMPs from the Sun or a Nuclear weapon exploded high in the earth's atmosphere, very little the average person could do but deal with it and it wouldn't not be fun!!!!!!!!!! No TV or A/C would really suck, especially where it gets hot, like the southern U.S. Many people would die but it would thin the heard. I won't be losing any sleep over it until it happens. That's when the weapons will come out and used, whether you're the good guy or bad guy.
JT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.