AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im partial to the hefeweitzens myself, but was curious if any of you guys that have traveled or were stationed over there how the beers were? im talking about the eastern European countries/beer. I saw there was a Bulgarian beer called Boliarka that gets good reviews. I would love to try some. so also if anybody has ever found any here in the states? :beer:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Baltika No. 0 is a non-alcoholic beer made from light barley malt.
Baltika 1 (Light) at 4.4% abv, is characterized by "light colour and…malt and hops taste."
Baltika 2 (Pale Beer) is a lager brewed from pale barley malt, rice, and "exclusive varieties of hops."
Baltika 3 is a 4.8% pale lager. This is also known domestically as Klassicheskoe (Classic).
Baltika 4 is a 5.6% amber coloured lager brewed from caramel and rye malts. Such coloured lagers are often termed dark American lagers. This is marketed in Russia as Originalnoe (Original).
Baltika 5 (Gold Beer) is a 5.3% lager brewed with both pale and caramel malts.
Baltika 6 is a bottom-fermented 7% dark beer that the brewery classes as a porter "brewed according to traditional English recipes." Such strong dark lagers are often termed Baltic porters.[2]
Baltika 7 (Export Beer) is a 5.4% pale lager.
Baltika 8 (Pshenichnoe) is an unfiltered wheat ale (Alc. 5,0% vol.).
Baltika 9 (Krepkoe) is a strong lager (8% alcohol).
Baltika 20 (Jubilee) is a 5.2% alcohol beer.
Baltika Kuler (Cooler)
Baltika Lite
Baltika Kuler Lime

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I really like Okocim from Poland but I haven't been able to get it for a a few years now. I even got a buddy of mine to like it and he usually drinks Budweiser or Yuengling.

Radeberger is pretty good too. It's made in what used to be the DDR does that count?

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Beers were never big in E. Europe so you mainly have lagers. Ive had Obolon, Lvivsky from Ukraine and Baltika, Dzhigulovski from Russia....meh...they all give me heart burn and the taste is so so. If you like lagers you might like these.

I see Okocim all over the place in Pa

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
fuk yea!!!

i used to chug them bitches down at local game, everyone assumes its some kind of soda product. Bring 2 of them in the bag. LOL

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I've had Ciuc and Ursus beer in Romania. It's more or less their mass produced version "Bud" or "Coors" but better. :wink:

I was more impressed with the local wine in Romania. Good stuff and not very expensive at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts