AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to see a photo thread that illustrates those features that are unique to East German AK's. Perhaps we can eventually compile one big thread.

I took some pictures to show the two most common DDR folders.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any ideas on where to get an MPiKMS-74 side folding stock? I have an MPiKMs-72 with the smaller sling swivel. It's the only part I need to make my DDR -74 (Romak) correct.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got mine from a member here, Stottman. It was new in the bag and perfect.

You might send him an inquiry.

·
Registered
935 Posts
What's the story guys?

Is this more authentic, or.......?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
762hurts said:
What's the story guys?

Is this more authentic, or.......?
Well which MPi model do you want to potray??? This all depends on which folder you want, the krutch or the one the Romanians copied.

If your going to use all plastic handguards and a slant brake then the Romie style.

If your going to have a plastic upper and wood lower and a muzzle nut then the krutch

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just saw that ad over on AR15.com this morning. Already sold!

I only have the two, more common, models that I photographed.

I believe that the DDR only put the "crutch-style" folders on their export model MPiKMS-72's, which were sold to Egypt, at least, and perhaps other countries (?). I have read that Egypt later produced that style of folder themselves, but I can't recall where I saw it. Can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I believe you are correct on that. I know that they didn't import any full rifles to the US only part kits. Here is a pic of mine kit done, but wrong folder. It is built on a Steyr reciever.

·
Registered
10,192 Posts
Richard W. said:
I only have the two, more common, models that I photographed.

I believe that the DDR only put the "crutch-style" folders on their export model MPiKMS-72's, which were sold to Egypt, at least, and perhaps other countries (?). I have read that Egypt later produced that style of folder themselves, but I can't recall where I saw it. Can anyone confirm that?
Yes, I have a 1991 deact MAADI that has this stock.. Seems unrealistic to think they would have purchased a 20 year supply from the E.Germans.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts