AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to get a price check on the current market for an already built rifle with an East German barrel. Like if you had one, how much would you sell it for?

Registered
My Oleg Doesn't Hurt Anymore. 馃憣
Get the price you want. I waited until some soul sold their bulgy kit for 700 buy it now on Gunbroker and was on that shit before anyone else had a chance. Better in my hands than some asshat that just wanted to flip it for double.

Registered
I sold one(kit without barrel) about 6-8 months ago, with perfect virgin EG barrel populated by a pro, with a primo eg74 all matching kit, with cleaning kit, cleaning rod, sling, hand picked zfk scope for something like 3500+(I forget exact). Maybe 4k. I didnt get everything I was expecting on that, but close... you would be VERY VERY hard pressed to find the deal whoever bought mine would get... It was literally the hardest sale ive ever done. By far. It was a sale I wish to not talk about again! Hahah!

Registered
The price on those is nothing short of bat shit crazy. If for whatever reason you just like the look, I would aquire the visually required parts, maybe the bolt carrier too and then build a replica. Otherwise according to what I read, this is a matter of them being rare, not just the current price gouge retardation.

Registered
Commander, Im not sure you realize how rare and desirable these kits are. They are truely some of the best you can get. combined with the fact that there werent many matching kits that actually got here... the $800 kit price that most of us got a couple for when they came out were the best deal that came out at the time...

Out of all my goods, I kept the best EG kit to build and never sell... Then I kept the best scopes I could find...

About 5-10 years ago we all used to build kits with the plentiful virgin eg barrels.... which you cant even find now due to everyone using them... Find me a full kit like this and ill buy it back ;-)

Registered
No, I read that they are rare. I said that the price is crazy and I stand by it. The machining quality is not enough to make them more desirable to me than a genuine Russian AK which without a doubt will perform equally well as an East German make. I read that they are only rare because most of them had been destroyed post soviet collapse. The furniture and individual parts sell for not all that much separately, I saw a bolt and bolt carrier for half the asking price of a russian or Bulgarian one recently. Thats why I suggested considering building a replica with only the necessary parts.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I鈥檓 trying to buy as a collector gun. I鈥檓 looking at 6k for the rifle. I was just wondering if it鈥檚 too much to spend, part of me says it鈥檚 correct, then the other part is like it鈥檚 6k. 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

Registered
If it鈥檚 not worth 6K today, it will be in 5-10 years. East Germany鈥榮 not making any more of them.

As a collector, I鈥檝e rarely sold anything I hadn鈥檛 owned for 10 or 20 years, anyway.

Registered
The rarity and quality does command a premium but many prices are not collector prices but in reality speculation prices many over inflated. For the same reason many prices on GB are not a good yardstick of value just of what some one is willing to pay. The two are often very different.

Three years ago I passed on a pro built EG AKM with original barrel at 2.5K. I did pickup one of the last Apex matching kits for $800ish and have a scrubbed kit that I got for around $650, both will get built one day and used.

Registered
Kit with a EG barrel over the 6K, saw a few sell for over 7K, one lately the owner wanted 8K

EG 74 barrels are still around, I saw one sell a few weeks back, guys are not looking hard enough, it was expensive but that's what happens when you arrive at the party late

best way to find one would be to say I will spent "X" for a kit with barrel,

other wise you are wasting your time

that's if you REALLY want one

Registered
Kit with a EG barrel over the 6K, saw a few sell for over 7K, one lately the owner wanted 8K

EG 74 barrels are still around, I saw one sell a few weeks back, guys are not looking hard enough, it was expensive but that's what happens when you arrive at the party late

best way to find one would be to say I will spent "X" for a kit with barrel,

other wise you are wasting your time

that's if you REALLY want one
Where? I saw one on GB sitting at 6k for awhile with no bids....I could never pay over 4k for one of these rifles. Still parts kits at the end of the day, 7-6k is a disgusting amount.

Registered
It鈥檚 an item reserved for well heeled serious collectors these days with a high initiation fee. Rare kits , likely no more matching ones coming in, ever. Do they work or shoot better than other 74鈥檚? No, but you are paying for exclusivity and owning a very rare variant.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where? I saw one on GB sitting at 6k for awhile with no bids....I could never pay over 4k for one of these rifles. Still parts kits at the end of the day, 7-6k is a disgusting amount.
That鈥檚 the one. 馃憣馃徎

Registered
For the same reason many prices on GB are not a good yardstick of value just of what some one is willing to pay.
What someone is willing to pay is what something is worth assuming that another is willing to sell at that price. When it comes to guns, I can't think of a better source for current market pricing than GunBroker.

A new in the box Valmet M62/S recently sold for over $13,000 on GunBroker. It included an old scope and one extra magazine that mine doesn't have, but I'll sure adjust the value of mine for insurance purposes when I renew.

Registered
All I can say is more furniture and accessories must have made it into the country than hardware because stocks, grips, muzzle brakes and individual components in general seemingly fetch a lower price than what some are trying to get for Russian made components in GB. It begs the question why. Makes perfect sense for a matching kit that is already rare, but if you can get all the stuff separately cheaper then the market value seems a bit amorphous. If I really wanted one that bad, it wouldn't matter to me whether the S/N matched. I would settle for a replica and make them match if it saved me a few grand and then result looks identical. 馃槅

1 - 20 of 31 Posts