AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Nice wood. Go all out and blue that bad boy, then it would really start to look like an MPi-K.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
east

i just grabbed a mag & threw it in, i didn't feel like digging through a box of mags

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ak

i used to see an east german guy at the great western show& some of the other big shows.I got those parts about 15 years ago, & have never seen any where eles, especilly the sling.I also have another set with a folding stock,no not for sale

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Northridge sold those style slings quite a number of years back and I've got a few in a box somewhere that this post reminded of. But certainly the slings and furniture are not common anymore.

I also did a MPiK clone using an Arsenal Classic and found the wood furniture on a real deal in Iraq although a little worn. Nice rifle, partner! :hail:

(not to take away from Caliri47's post but for those like myself that love the look of the MPiK, here's the one and only one I ever saw in the sandbox):

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
east german

i have all the correct parts on there, i also made a bulgarian 47 , polish 47 & of cource russian t -3..I got all those 93's when they first came out & it was the best you could do for a 47 unless you went with a chinese milled, which i used on my pmk-dgn-60.It's too late in my life & collecting to re-do everything to make them 100% right[not to mention the time & cost]

·
Registered
579 Posts
xcibes said:
Did you replace the FSb and gas block on that one? I have been thinking of doing one of those as I have the fsb, gb, hg retainer, sling, and stock set. Cna't make up my mind though...too many projects
I'm suprised you haven't accumulated more. AA-OK still has Mpi-K rear sight bases.tephan.de just got in the smooth top covers...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Did you get the Arms America front ends? I was toying with doing that, but they sold out...grrr. There is actually a decent number of MPi-K parts available. except the furniture :)

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
eg

i have the rear site base but don't want to take it all apart just to do that. I got all the parts from a german guy i would see at the bigger show's

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gun

All the barrle parts are correct,including the sling swivel this guy had all the parts.Back then you couldn't get any parts, i'm a little jelious of the guys starting out now.You have complete parts kits& choices of barrel parts , you couldn't choose between russian, e.g. polish etc.in those day's i'm talking 1993-94.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts