AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a very early Type 2 PLO kit with a number of Type 1 parts for all you AK fanatics. Pretty interesting transitional model. I have no dog in this hunt as I'm divesting myself of AKs to focus on SVDs anyway. Just for my own interest the photos look like the same one that Chamberlin had for his kit auctions last year. A resale?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =354101376

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Extremely nice kit. Without a doubt.

He mentioned that it shared the same stock as the t1, which is not correct. These are two completely different stock sockets and stock bodies. Interesting to see a laminated upper HG on there too with the early gas tube. Clearly this was just a t2 built with left over t1 parts.

It's cool to see the early kit with the non checkered grip.

What did that sell for when chamberlin sold it?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
evolixsurf said:
He mentioned that it shared the same stock as the t1, which is not correct. These are two completely different stock sockets and stock bodies. Interesting to see a laminated upper HG on there too with the early gas tube. Clearly this was just a t2 built with left over t1 parts.
Could the upper handguard just be a replacement? I thought 1951 would be a bit early for laminate.

bigsnoz said:
Too much. LOL
But a damn sweet kit.
Haven't similar kits sold in the same price range? (granted, the reserve hasn't been met yet)

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Good lord that's nice. I have a similar one getting welded.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
That is just up the road from me, man would like to have it, but as previously mentioned $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What was the Chamberlain collection he mentions?????

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Herbae said:
What was the Chamberlain collection he mentions?????
An early collector and KCA member who was selling off very nice kits.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
evolixsurf said:
What did that sell for when chamberlin sold it?
little over 4K I believe. nice kit but somebody better dig REAL deep

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Auction ended at $3,600 and Reserve Not Met.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts