AK Rifles banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I came into one of the early LPS scopes with the IR detector and battery illumination, like the third one pictured on this page. http://www.dragunov.net/lps_scope.html

However, it is missing the battery compartment and the retical appears canted when the scope is mounted. I don't even know how to check the IR detector to see if it'd work? Dated 1974 and the serial is really low, 192 I think. Unfortunately I don't have my camera at the moment but I will in a couple of days....

Honestly I don't know to much about these, or com-block optics in general, so I am doing some reading.

I thought I was getting the standard tip2 scope and I'm deciding what to do with the one I've got. I could just return this one for a tip2 like I was supposed to receive, but I don't know if that's a good idea because I guess they are rare? Would it be worth much, and if so, what would be fair? I want to get a tip2 for sure, but I've been eyeing something with higher magnification as well so maybe I should sell what I've got and put the money towards that?

I'd appreciate any advice and I'll make sure to get pics up asap. In the meantime I'll keep reading. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.