AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In all their glory..........

As soon as I can get some pics of my new build I'll post 'em!
In a spicy 5.45 flavor!!

·
Super Moderator
9,408 Posts
I picked up a brand new EG furniture kit from Stottman awhile back...I guess I'm gonna have to source a german kit somewhere.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
That's really nice Tomovitch!

Get yourself some black bakelite grips for the Makarov (or spend the $400.00 for a DDR one :goof: ) and you'd have a really cool kit.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Is that an RGD-5 grenade?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It IS!!!!!!

Templar............that IS an E.G. Makarov and E.G. holster too. :cool: The only thing I'm not sure about are the grips origins. :neutral:

And yes, that is a "training" RGD-5 grenade. Solid metal, but looks neat for photos. :mrgreen:

Also, that was a Romy kit and I remarked the trunnion and did the selector markings.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Tomovich,

If the Makarov grips are flat (no thumbrest) they are Bulgarian or Soviet.

The Soviet has the large ring around the star, the Bulgarian has the skinnier ring around it. I cant really tell from the photo which type you have. The original grips are black checkered bakelite. Id post a pic of my '65 EG with these grips, but im not posting from home right now.

Also looks like youve got a Russian/Bulgarian holster. All the EG holsters ive seen have the top flap that is rounded on both ends, and the tab is rounded as well - versus coming to a spearhead type point.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I managed to get an EG folder way back when on weaponeer....i missed the boat on Stottman's furniture though :sad:

·
Registered
893 Posts
1Gunner said:
I managed to get an EG folder way back when on weaponeer....i missed the boat on Stottman's furniture though :sad:
Doesn't he still have some? He reposted on arfcom and I just bought a set from him last week for $35 shipped, I think.

You might want to drop him a line if you're still interested in getting a set.

ETA: Sorry, found the link and it looks like they're all sold.

http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=294915

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MPi-KMS74.................

Here she is..........a matching Bulgarian donor kit and lot's of love and care (and waiting for a damn GT receiver!).............enjoy.......... :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
xcibes,looking good!Which grenade launcher is that?

SVT,Beautiful EG Mak!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
You Guys have me in the market for an East German Makarov also,if I was'nt so secretive about my activities,my Wife would hate all of you........and me too! :grin:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
JOHNO said:
You Guys have me in the market for an East German Makarov also,if I was'nt so secretive about my activities,my Wife would hate all of you........and me too! :grin:
Im always in trouble. I need to work on my secretive skills. :sad:

If I see an EG deal, ill pass it your way John. Best Maks out there!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
922 compliance on my EG's (you need SIX parts) are receiver, FCG, gas piston and mag floorplate.

ACHTUNG!!!!!!! :roll:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts