AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having major trouble finding an AK74 Front Trunnion. Are 47 Front Trunnions relatively interchangeable? I know some things won't find certain countries styles but broadly speaking will a 47/M fit onto an ak74? I'm having a lot of trouble finding info on that. Thanks for any help posted!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
you have to do a little miling.
basically making the area the mag sets in a little wider and taller also a little frontward.
the bullet guide needs switch as well.
if you have access to a mill and some carbide slot cutters 1/2 or 3/4" diameter youre all set.
nice to have a 74 trunnion in your hand to copy though.
edit: should mention the akm chamber journal unless you get a late 70s izzy will be 23mm

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
i'd just find ak-74. there was a virgin ak-74 trunnion in the akfiles calssifieds. un-numbered - really got my hands itchy. look for it. or just keep checking classifieds on akfiles. there are few people out there that regularly list ak-74 part outs.

·
Technical Advisor
15,516 Posts
I just sold a handful of AK74 trunnions, OEM barrels etc., in the past month or so.
While 74 parts are getting more scarce., you should be able to search the www and/ or AK sites for a trunnion.
This site is slower on the marketplace. I sold the bulk of the 74 parts elsewhere.

K-VAR has them at $69 I believe.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts

·
Technical Advisor
15,516 Posts
Oh., I didn't read the small print on that Romanian 23mm trunnion.
$100 is pricey for an AK74 yrunnion. But those parts have dried up. Too bad he missed all that stuff I sold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts