AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got screwed and now need to unfuck the mess I have. Over a year ago I had gotten a DUI in Pennsylvania. I was placed on probation. Well in Pennsylvania you are not allowed to posses or purchase a firearm while on probation no matter what the crime, which I think is bullshit. So I was a good boy and removed my firearms from my house just to play it safe. I also did not buy any while on probation. Now I'm off probation. Paid my dues, and I'm a good boy again so I thought. About two months ago I purchased a .303 Enfield and the Nics check got delayed but 2 days later they called approving it. I figured as much since I had just gotten off of probation. Well 2 weeks ago I go to purchased my log awaited GSG-5. I got delayed. Then 3 days later got denied. I called Nics cocksuckers and found out that I have to appeal all of this bullshit. I cannot purchase any firearms until I do. What kinda shit is this. I did my time which I thought was bullshit since the crime did not involve a firearm. Now I'm classed up there with felons because I was on probation. The pricks even contacted my probation officer to try and fuck me but he told them I was clear and case was closed. These mother fuckers wont let me purchase shit until I go through the appeals process. I'm so fucking pissed off right now. I drank drove and payed the price. No weapons were involved. Has anyone else ever had to deal with this. How long does this shit take and to whom should I right a letter saying it is absolute bullshit. Even told the lady I bought a gun about a month earlier and that I guess her lovely system doesnt work to well. I am now an innocent law abiding gun owner taking it up the ass. HELP!!!!! :evil:

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
I believe there is an appeal process which will allow you to find out exactly why you were denied, etc.

I believe you have to go thru your local LEO.

KF

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Thats total BULL!!!

Didn't know DUI can create so much trouble???

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
same type of crap happened to me... i said screw the NICS and i applied for a carry permit... worst case, id get denied again, right? i got approved for my carry permit(duh, there is nothing wrong with my record) and now i dont have to go through the NICS bs check every time.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Well as someone that has had a good friends son killed by a drunk driver,a boy I watched grow up,never to reach manhood,have a wife, kids or any of that good shit,I don't feel sorry for you one bit.His parents are still fighting their way out of a deep dark place,years later. His death sure changed the way I look at things,and made me take a close look at my own behavior. Hope you learned your lesson,you got off easy.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
The only thing I'll say is that I think it is important for EVERY firearms owner in the country to be extra squeaky clean because the other side is just looking for any excuse to take away your firearms.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look man I understand all that shit. I was wrong I admit I was wrong, and yes I understand I got lucky. I'm not here to get criticized or crucified by you I am here to get answers to get my rights back. DUI and guns hmmm. No weapons were involved in the crime so the punishment doesnt fit. i am not a felon and I committed no act of violence. Believe me I'm paying the price for all of this shit. All i am asking for is some insight and help.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I had a stupid arrest as a teenager and it caused me to be delayed on NICS for years. The solution: get a permit. If your state has a permit to purchase or a permit to carry, most likely that will function in place of a NICS check provided it is renewed every year. You will still occasionally have to deal with a dealer (normally just chain stores) who make you do NICS anyway because of company policy, but it really saves a lot of headaches to do it, even if you never carry or need the permit.

There is also a process, and I don't remember the specifics, by which you can apply for a special number for NICS, and you authorize them to keep a file on you, and whenever you do a NICS check they just look up your number and see that while you have a record, you are not prohibited, and it will keep you from being delayed again or denied. The catch obviously is that normally NICS destroys the information they use in their search after the check is over, and in this case, you authorize them to keep this information. It really makes no difference in terms of privacy, because state and local governments still have that information, and by doing this you are only expediting the process so that NICS has that information, and they don't have to delay you every time while they get that information from other government bodies. Just a thought. You'll have to do some searching to find out how to go through that process or possibly call someone at NICS and see if they can direct you towards it if you're interested.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
all you have to do is call the nics division of the fbi.i'm always put on a delay because i put the wrong city of birth on my 4473.i called up the fbi and had them send me some paperwork to fill out.i'll find the name of the paper work(not at home right now) tonight and post it tomorrow.its a "voluntary" something or other.you have to do 2 pages of paperwork and get fingerprinted by the local po.i have a sc ccw,but that does me no good when i hit the nc gunshows.it takes a while to get processed,but thats the way it goes.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
uh-60gunner said:
Look man I understand all that shit. I was wrong I admit I was wrong, and yes I understand I got lucky. I'm not here to get criticized or crucified by you I am here to get answers to get my rights back. DUI and guns hmmm. No weapons were involved in the crime so the punishment doesnt fit. i am not a felon and I committed no act of violence. Believe me I'm paying the price for all of this shit. All i am asking for is some insight and help.
You are here to get opinions. That was mine.
Here is some more
I think a lawyer is your best bet.

·
Banned
8,171 Posts
i asked my rep in person how does a felon get to own a gun again. he says they dont ever get to own or posses again. he also said in oregon you can appeal and get the right back in oregon but the federal does not care. no guns forever!!!

i thought that was funny. i mean i have a friend (used very loosely) that has 4 dui's and many car crashes from it. he still can get a drivers license.....because cars dont hurt people i guess.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I used to work at a gun shop in PA and from what I understand, if you were charged with any offense that you could serve a year or more in prision you will be denied a firearm purchase. That was 2 years ago, things may have changed.

I had a guy come in, bought an AR, everything OK, came back 3 days later for an AK - DENIED, from a DUI, he served no jail time only probation, but like I said he was charged with the offense.

Once again this is what I was told , Im NOT a lawyer, but I would consult one. Good Luck !

·
Registered
902 Posts
Just be very carefull when they ask you the question "why do you want this gun so bad'

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
also consider this. unless you had the charges FULLY DISMISSED, you are pretty much screwed. even if they dead docketed the charge, feds consider that a "pending charge" its a way for them to royally fuck you, and you think you have won.

and OT here, but i too agree that i have no sympathy for people who get DUI's. you get what you deserve when you do stupid crap like that.

·
Registered
902 Posts
catsailer40 said:
also consider this. unless you had the charges FULLY DISMISSED, you are pretty much screwed. even if they dead docketed the charge, feds consider that a "pending charge" its a way for them to royally fuck you, and you think you have won.

and OT here, but i too agree that i have no sympathy for people who get DUI's. you get what you deserve when you do stupid crap like that.

Altho I agree with you, this isnt the place to tear him a new one. He has learned his lesson. Lets help the guy out people make mistakes and it seems he has learned...

I would call nics and see why exactly they denyed you, and they should talk to you about the apeal process. Don get hot and heavy on the phone with them, keep a cool head. It will get straigtned out soon enough. Dont say anything that can make them judge you mentally unfit.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you Rasper. I agree I get what I deserve and want no sympathy for being stupid and getting a DUI. We all make mistakes. Some more severe than others. But since then I have changed my behavior and the way i look on life. I don't need a new ass or someone to try and chew one for me. I have my own mother to do that even though I am old enough to know better. Just trying to redeem myself and not be totally scarred for life even though yes I should have thought of that before I acted and got stupid. I'm just pissed because i served my punishment of probation, license loss, community service and all the other stuff I had to do. Why does this have anything to do with firearm ownership. Not everyone that gets a DUI is a low life alcoholic.

·
Registered
84 Posts
They have to respond in writing if you ask in writing why it was denied if i remember right. That gives you any possible ammo or chance for you to carry it further. Without that no lawyer is gonna be able to tell you squat because he won't know details of the denial.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sorry Turbothis, but your info about Oregon is a bit off.

Not only can you get certain non-violent felonies 'expunged' off your record, but it will stand up to the Fed's scrutiny too.

A friend of the family had an Arson & Burglary conviction expunged off his record by going thru the District Attorneys office in his county.

He has always maintained his innocence and never been in any other trouble, so I am glad he got his gun rights back.

He routinely buys firearms and passes the NICS checks with no problems whatsoever.

-urban

·
Banned
8,171 Posts
lol, i am always trying to get the right info but more often than not come to a dead end with no answer!

the atf rep was kinda anti gun if i got him right.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.