AK Rifles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It wasn't two months a go I posted that the 12" barrel of the Draco pistol "didn't work" for me; I wanted a Krink length SBR. Well, here I am waiting for Atlantic to ship the Draco I just ordered yesterday! :grin:

Most places are out of them now, but Atlantic stiill has them at $349.

I do plan to SBR the Draco one day, but for now it will be a pistol. Anyway, the question is for those who have mounted a red dot on their AK pistols, my main interest being in the Ultimak mounted red dot. Does that set up give you enough accuracy to get on target and make quick hits, basically overcoming the well known issues that come with accurately shooting a bulky pistol that is really a rifle sans butt stock?

I ask because I would consider a Draco a much more versatile gun for defensive purposes like a truck or house gun with an Ultimak and a T-1 on it. Anyway, that's what I'm thinking.

PLEASE, do not post about "the impracticality" of the AK pistol, the "it's a toy" comments, or "put a stock on it and you're OK" stuff. I read the entire thread about the "practical use" of an AK pistol and it seems like many individuals forgot that it's about the Kalashnikov, even though it's a pistol! :sad:

So, please post away about your Dracos and other pistols with a RDS; photos are always appreciated. Negative comments about the concept are welcome, too, as long as they are pertinent and don't criticize anyone wanting an AK pistol for serious purposes. And, it would be best if any comments posted are based on experience rather than conjecture.

Thanks in advance; this really is a great place to learn.

· Registered
35 Posts
Red Rover I mounted an el chepo red dot on my draco on a Malaysian quad rail that I got from Copesdistributing for $20. Took some fitting & did not come with heat shields (hopefully it will not melt or get to hot). I haven't been able to go to the range yet so I can't comment on accuracy but I can tell you it does look tacti-cool.

· Registered
84 Posts
I'd like to get an ultimak on mine but for now I have a MI quad on it with a Vortex red dot. Works good for me using the Israeli sling style. I'd like to know which Ultimak mount fits the Draco as well. The MI rail is really about the best quad rail there is (the ultimak upper and lower excluded) that you can get for an AK. Rock solid.

· Registered
139 Posts
I got my Draco yesterday. Spent most of the night trying to figure out a red dot config. without the ultimak rail. I even tried my B square trigger pin AK mount. God I wish that thing would let me take the bolt out. Cover comes out, spring comes out but the bolt will only slide out so far. I tried the mount with a Berska (cheapo) 48 yes 48mm red dot. Way too big. I tried my Bushnell trophy wich worked better. My last attempt was a Bushnell holographic. Low profile, seems in the perfect spot on top of the receiver. I will be watching here for more Ideas. I also want to keep my Irons. I dont take them off any rifle, break your optic you are up the creek. I need a mount that will mount to the sight base without altering the irons and mount to the back of the receiver.

· Registered
43 Posts
I have the exact setup you're talking about and I love it. Quick onto target and not much heavier or bulkier than no scope. Still, if it were legal to SBR it here in MI, I would.

Co-witnesses too:

It still makes a hell of a flash though. :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.