AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

First post here. I am getting ready to receive an unfired, Polytech double-under-folder, with all mags and accessories included, via a trade. In my short time collecting firearms, I have become adamant in trying to get as close to real world, military issued firearms as I can possibly get. Since I don't have 30K+ to spend on a full auto, semi-autos will do for now :p

I have been wisely steered in the right direction by one of my best friends who is addicted to Chinese AKs. I am now hooked on chinese Aks and can just feel the quality when I touch one of these rifles. I would like to keep the double under folder just because it's an amazingly cool and unique rifle. However, I'm just not sure how it would fit in my collection at this point.

Does anyone know if these were ever actually issued to any military force in any part of the world?

P.S. I know, I know---it's an awesome weapon, I should just keep it and the theme or philosophy behind my collection is kind of weird and stupid. Some people get off on mag dumps, some people get off on precision shooting. I by no means feel ashamed or feel any less of a member of the gun community when I say that I am a "collector" of sorts and getting as close as I possibly and reasonably can to field issued long guns is my thing. :cool:

Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Yes, the double folders have popped up in pictures in the middle east. I remember seeing one not to long ago, it was leaning on someone's couch (if someone else remembers that pic too). Issued, but rarer than the rest.

Personally, id keep it in the collection. If not, its excellent trading stock with another collector.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts

I believe this is a photo from Syria w/ChiCom double folders on the wall. It's for sure two as the third is obscured. Hope this helps and if I find a better one I'll post it.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Are you asking about a government's own military or any force such as the Syrian rebels?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I guess my inquiry was mostly about their being issued as a military rifle to any legally recognized military forces. I had no idea they popped up every once in a while though. That is definitely very interesting.

Thank you!

·
Registered
760 Posts
They were issued as a military rifle, but dont think like you are from the US. It isnt an M4 that EVERYONE must use. It was just another AK sub-variant that was issued either for special purpose, or there were extra ones, or any other bizarre reason.
But no, you will not see 1000 people marching down an African road carrying nothing but this rifle. But yes, you will see pictures pop up of it in most major conflicts around the globe.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Are you asking about a government's own military or any force such as the Syrian rebels?
Even in the hands of the rebels I was under the impression that most of the chicom rifles were liberated from the Syrian military. I see most of their troops carrying AKMS style rifles now so I could be off base.

Even if it isnt carried exclusively by one nation or force its stll my great white buffalo.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I saw, a while ago, a book about the Viet Nam War, and there were a few post war pics of troops in Cambodia all armed with the double underfolders. I will try and find that book next visit to the library.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts