AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
The crazy is strong in this one. There's a big difference between those who are prepared to weather worst and those who rig up devices to "snare government agents with fish hooks so we can shoot them in the back".

I'm sure there's some media slant on the storytelling here. But sensible self-reliance and preparedness does not make the news, or register on gubm't radar. Crazy is as crazy does.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
This was a local story a couple weeks ago near my neck of the woods.
The morning news reported it as if keeping more than a weeks worth of groceries in your house was not only insane but dangerous.
"He was reportedly stock piling large amounts of food and ammunition"... the reporter panted. I kept waiting to hear what law he had broken or whom he had harmed in anyway and of course heard nothing of the sort.
It was only later that day the media started claiming he was setting "booby traps for law enforcement". I doubt it.
Who knows what the real story was. They sure as hell aren't gonna tell it.
I felt the real message of the story was eat drink and be merry everybody... OR ELSE!

The B-roll footage that ran while the reporter listed the old guy's "crimes" was of LEO's armed to the teeth in tactical gear walking around their new black MRAP.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is like the 5th or 6th person from that show to get in trouble I am looking for his episode and cant find it

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
this is like the 5th or 6th person from that show to get in trouble I am looking for his episode and cant find it
I am surprised anyone is in trouble. Aren't those shows ''Staged'' for Reality TV like that stupid cinder block ''Castle'' that wouldn't stop a standard 7.62 X 39 mm not to mention the baloney ''Armored Door/Draw Bridge". So now they're arresting ''actors''? WTF, Over?

·
Super Moderator
26,417 Posts
Does anyone have a legit link to this story, or is it more internet BS??

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
I will absolutely never understand the desire they had to go on national television so they could show millions of people (including Big Brother) how they are prepared to defend themselves if SHTF

·
Registered
22,695 Posts
I will absolutely never understand the desire they had to go on national television so they could show millions of people (including Big Brother) how they are prepared to defend themselves if SHTF
the desire to have their 15 min of fame... their inability to think beyond the immediate to comprehend what it means to play with your cards on the table. People are social animals.. reaching out and trying to find others of like mind is something we do... some more than others. Sometimes its hard to stay mum on things like gun ownership and preparations for the future.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
I remember reading about that Tyler smith idiot and his band of marauders. They live a couple hours north of me.

Making such claims is idiotic as I guarentee he wouldn't make it a day if SHTF were to happen. That part of Washington isn't like CA or NY....

·
Registered
22,695 Posts
I don't watch the show.. so I'm guessing his plan is to take people's stuff... and he probably announced it to the world too.

Talking big game and declaring yourself a bad guy = Dead man. Who would let the guy close enough if things broke down? Or hell... he might get hunted down immediately.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
I don't watch the show.. so I'm guessing his plan is to take people's stuff... and he probably announced it to the world too.

Talking big game and declaring yourself a bad guy = Dead man. Who would let the guy close enough if things broke down? Or hell... he might get hunted down immediately.
Ive only watched it a couple times. I have got some ideas from it but not much. It seemed like it was more so a bunch of idiots and weirdos trying to show their hairbrained ideas. The fact that they revolve their meanings around a gun shows that they are clueless to actually surviving.

The guy in question did announce that he would "kick in your door and take everything you have." "So keep buying guns, ammo, food, and supplies so we can take it." Among other things said....

There was one good episode of a couple living in a old military bunker that actually was pretty good to watch. They were of the hippy type that was actually pretty well set up. The fact that the guy didn't want to talk about or show any of his firearms was a big identifier on their mindset. But, in the end, they were hippys thinking that seclusion was the answer.

·
Super Moderator
26,417 Posts
Bingo! Think OPSEC.

·
Registered
22,695 Posts
Those old nuclear missile silos are probably the best for hunkering down and enduring...well.. unless they're still programmed into a Russian or Chinese list of ICBM targets...and assuming there's no leftover radiation somehow.. and its properly stocked..and well maintained..

Damn things are pricy though.

the problem with a siege is that the odds are against the besieged.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Ya know, I've often though that nobody has thought about that fact of if SHTF then it would be a great opportunity for another country to come and invade.

People are so concerned with whatever is in their radius that I doubt they have even considered that possibility.

·
Registered
22,695 Posts
Interesting theory. I would think that if another country invaded, it would turn the scenario from a 'every man for himself' squabbling mess/ survival mode into an 'Us vs Them" mindset... common enemy and so on.

At least it would be an opportunity to ambush a foreign military target and get really cool weapons along with food, supplies and vehicles. "Whaddya mean PKM? I have no idea what that means...HONEST"

1 - 20 of 32 Posts