AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When on GunBroker, morons try to bid pennies on an item and then get into stupid bidding wars where there are, say, 8 bids but the price on an item worth $50 is only up to $12? What the hell? Do they think bringing the extra attention and bidding now when there is still 5 days left is going to help? Especially when they are bidding pennies...

I was just watching an auction on GB for an inexpensive but nice rifle. There were several bids with people bumping it to this or that... then I saw it, it was at one price and on a refresh it went to another (few bucks over the last one with over a day to go). When I saw that, I rolled my eyes and blew the guys bid away. It is still under $100, but it had gotten so stupid that I went ahead and bid just so only the collector guys would look at it. I know I am going to get outbid, so it doesn't bother me, but the penny fighting did.

Anyone else feel this way?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Nope... Auctions are stupid.
Great way to get more than something is worth though.

KyAKGuy

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Frostbite said:
No, it's not worth the time to be ticked off about it.
+1, I sat in on a couple stress management lectures, one comment that really stuck with me was when the speaker compared the natural shot of adrenaline your body produces during stress, to the shot of adrenaline the doctor gives during a heart attack. The shot costs a couple hundred bucks.................................next time you feel yourself getting stressed out over something small, ask yourself if this is a 200.00 problem. :wink:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
NO

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Just add it to your watch list and don't look until there is less than a day left. Then you won't waste your time thinking about stuff like this.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It isn't like I get pissed off and throw a chair over it, it is just moronic. It isn't something that causes any hormonal changes, anger, heart palpations, drastic cortisol release, etc... it is just stupidity in action.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I pick my price, I set my snipe, done. If I win, super. If I loose, whatever.

Lump

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I bought 3 of my 4 Veprs on GB. :grin: How about the reserve auctions that have a starting bid of $800 and a "buy it now" ridiculous price? These are always "reserve not met." :roll:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
It isn't like I get pissed off and throw a chair over it, it is just moronic. It isn't something that causes any hormonal changes, anger, heart palpations, drastic cortisol release, etc... it is just stupidity in action.
Q,

We understand, but you asked the question and people answered it. It just doesn't bother me enough to even consider creating a post about it. There are enough things in life to worry about, so I completely ignore the little things that I cannot change. When I say ignore, I mean that I don't even give it a second thought.

Last year I had three friends die. Two couples I know got divorced. I am the go-to guy for dealing with serious employee issues at work (theft, performance issues, etc.). My parents are old enough that body parts can and do break down. I've got osteoarthritis and two blown disks that can have me popping Advil like it was candy. These are things that tick me off. Someone bidding up a gun by $.13 instead of $25 isn't even going to make an eyebrow twitch.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Nope, you are obviously the only one ....

The rest of us are the ones bidding pennies to PO others.

Oh, and thanks for letting us know it works !

:chair: :doh: :chair:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Shouldn't you be studying?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
dont sweat the small stuff :smile:

but since were talking about auctions I have always shook my head at jackasses that get in bidding wars for an item when the seller has 3 more of the exact item that no one is bidding on.
:roll:

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
I'll sometimes "mark" an auction with a small bid just to keep track of it instead of bookmarking it, helps keep down the number of items in my Watchlist.

What irks me though is to see an auction that had a BIN price...but the bidding eventually goes well past what the BIN was. Somebody could've had it at a bargain but now the race is on.

Go figure :roll:

t

1 - 20 of 20 Posts