AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find any information on these. I know the past issues with the N Paps was the single stack bolts and lack of proper feedramp. Does the new DF model N Pap have these corrections?

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
The DF or "down fold"...is a Gen ll and said to have all the feeding issues addressed and fixed. Shooting reviews say gtg.

·
Banned
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The DF or "down fold"...is a Gen ll and said to have all the feeding issues addressed and fixed. Shooting reviews say gtg.

Good because I bought a Yugo DF, Yugo RPK, and an Yugo O Pap this week. Hopefully they release an O Pap DF- then my life will be complete.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Good because I bought a Yugo DF, Yugo RPK, and an Yugo O Pap this week. Hopefully they release an O Pap DF- then my life will be complete.

I lied.......return them all....:p

·
Registered
73 Posts
What he said. Only the first gen "PAP" had a single stack bolt and single stack bulged trunnion. The "N-PAP" is second generation and has a double stack bolt and double stack slabside trunnion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have both, the new 2nd gen N-PAP(new wood) and also the N-PAP DF (underfolder) Everything is double stack on the new rifles, its the 1st gen N-PAPs that had the single stack bolt and so forth. Zastava is really coming on strong with some good products as of late.

·
Registered
73 Posts
its the 1st gen N-PAPs that had the single stack bolt and so forth.
There is no such thing. The first generation were simply PAPs. This is misinformation that has been spread around quite a bit leading to a lot of confusion. First generation imports are PAPs, second generation are N-PAPs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is no such thing. The first generation were simply PAPs. This is misinformation that has been spread around quite a bit leading to a lot of confusion. First generation imports are PAPs, second generation are N-PAPs.
My mistake Kittrell, although I was aware of that, I just wrote it wrong in my haste of writing as you are correct.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My mistake Kittrell, although I was aware of that, I just wrote it wrong in my haste of writing as you are correct.
No worries. A good number of people do not know any better because that's all they have ever heard it called. So I am doing my best to stem the tide. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts