AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want a muzzle break if you can call it that where the ports face toward instead of back. The objective to me is recoil increase is okay but I want to reduce noise heard, muzzle rise and flash if possible

·
Premium Member
13,009 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
you will no reduce muzzle rise by channeling gases forward. muzzle rise in AK is a compound effect of two forces - recoil and BCG inertia over center-mass of the rifle.
muzzle brake that went forward is essentially going to have same effect as bare muzzle with respect to muzzle rise.

you can reduce flash with a flash-hider much more effective than a brake. if you want to mitigate sound more than anything else than select cone-shaped solid hiders not bird cage/slit type. because those channel gases side-wards and will increase report respective to shooter's ear.

or this
just get a suppressor
although arguably not the cheapest way to go about reducing sound and flash nor without own set of disadvantages.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you will no reduce muzzle rise by channeling gases forward. muzzle rise in AK is a compound effect of to forces recoil and BCG inertia over center-mass of the rifle.
muzzle brake that went forward is essentially going to have same effect as bare muzzle with respect to muzzle rise.

you can reduce flash with a flash-hider much more effective than a brake. if you want to mitigate sound more than anything else than select cone-shaped solid hiders not bird cage/slit type. because those channel gases side-wards and will increase report respective to shooter's ear.

or this

although arguably not the cheapest way to go about reducing sound and flash nor without own set of disadvantages.
That seems like a smarter choice then spending a lot of an advanced muzzle break like that.

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
Recoil, noise, and flash can all be changed by different ammo also. Don't know what caliber you are running but surplus ammo has always been more hotter than commercial.

The ak74 brake is one of the best out there and as many members have already eluded to, there are many other US options.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I ran a Levang Linear comp on a 5.56 pistol, while it did a good job of redirecting muzzle blast forward that's all it did, besides weighing about as much as a roll of dimes. No reduction of muzzle rise. Anything that's going to reduce muzzle rise has to vent upwards, on a short barrel that's gonna be more perceived blast.

I tried my Tapco slotted brake on my Draco pistol, while it works great on my WASR it directed the fireball that vents from my Draco straight up. After a few mags I decided I liked the AK pistol better with no device. May try a flash can when I see a good sale on a cheap one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm running a lantac and it's pretty sweet. Just received their Blast Mitigation Device to run with the brake. Looks wicked and like it will be the best of all words short of a suppressor. I can't give review yet as I really just got it (today) and have 0 rounds through it yet.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Follow up. Lantac with their BMD is good to go. Really love the Lantac and ALG trigger combo. It has one over quite a few AR guys. Maybe not full converts, but at least changed their thinking.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Gun shot sound waves don't travel as far as most people think. If its flat open then the sound will travel farther. Hilly area covered in trees and brush not very far at all. If your worried about giving away your location then only fire once. Personally Im getting suppressors so I don't need to worry about my hearing nearly as much. I want to keep what little hearing I have left.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts