AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has two Chinese AKs with the slant cut receivers. he's wanting to Tapco the hell out of them. I tried... I really tried to talk him out of it...

Anyway, does anyone out there offer a service to weld a new piece back on to allow use of standard stocks? Obviously compliance applies.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say he should probably pick up a romy or something to tapco up. welding anything to those receivers would kill the resale value, and probably result in his gunbroker auction being posted here with a headline like "hey look at this asshat!" :grin:
is his chinese rifle in good shape? i might be willing to trade my SAR for it....

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think he's too worried about resale value. he wants to throw an M-4 stock on it for the wife, add rails and a fore grip.

I think they're in pretty good shape, but he wasn't getting much offered in resale at local shops. His main beef with the rifle is wanting open front sights. He's looking at buying another AK to fill that void, then upgrade the angle cut rifle(s). I can ask him about a trade. What kind of SAR is it?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
davehal9000 said:
I don't think he's too worried about resale value. he wants to throw an M-4 stock on it for the wife, add rails and a fore grip.

I think they're in pretty good shape, but he wasn't getting much offered in resale at local shops. His main beef with the rifle is wanting open front sights. He's looking at buying another AK to fill that void, then upgrade the angle cut rifle(s). I can ask him about a trade. What kind of SAR is it?
SAR1. 90% finish. nice dark wood stock. kinda just throwing that out there...
trading guns across state lines is kind of a pain in the arse.... :evil:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Just put the tapco stock in there, there is no need to fix the slant cut other then cosmetics.

I have run all types of stocks on my slant cut Mak and there is no issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts