AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
War and where they originate from? I suspect that Iran is involved in sending them.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
I noticed an EG MPi-KM72 in a pic recently, and I know I've seen Soviet AKMS.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
It is probably a dumping ground for various AK's like most conflicts in those areas, I would be willing to bet there are a lot Chinese & a lot of Iranian AKs there.

Reactions: Averageman

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I watched this video over the weekend to see what CWIII might look like in the US. What a huge, ugly mess this is:

THE FIGHT FOR YEMEN

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/fight-for-yemen/

There are a number of lovely AKs shown in this documentary.

Who wants to bet not a one of them is in semi-auto?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Maybe we ought to consider the kind and make of drones the Houthis are wielding in Yemen.

Global warfare has risen to a new level in the world.

800.jpeg

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
We got inquiries from the UN and other agencies investigating arms and they asked us for records on some Hungarian made AKs.

From records that I checked, some of the SNs they are getting, they were offered as aid to Iraq in the 80's. Some samples they gave me were all 80's made AK63 and some AMD65's.

The AMD65s were interior ministry and then...I don't know..after that..

I hate interior ministry guns.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I never liked the AMD.. looks retarded

Sent from my Lenovo PB2-670M using Tapatalk
YOU SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE! :cool:

What I meant was that guns that go to the Hungarian Interior ministry means it goes to foreign aid and then nobody knows after that.

Guns that go to the army, police, and other military setups, we can trace to the unit.

FEG records can't trace anything after interior ministry touches it.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Keep an eye out for the "Sandinista" rigs from Yemeni soldiers. They are not unique to South America, as Yemen also received them.

Most of the part kits we get here are sub lots of rifles that concurrently end up in places known as shithole countries.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The Yemeni Houthis use a variety of AK's, mainly Chinese, Russian and Bulgarian plus a lot of newer Zastava stuff too (they have access to literally every mass-produced AK variant there - Iranian AK's are not as common there as you may think). You will find a very mixed batch of arms there. 5.56/5.45/7.62 is all used but obviously more 7.62 due to its much wider prevalence.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Keep an eye out for the "Sandinista" rigs from Yemeni soldiers. They are not unique to South America, as Yemen also received them.

Most of the part kits we get here are sub lots of rifles that concurrently end up in places known as shithole countries.
Did the Romanians send AKs out as aid? I have a '65 md.63 and an '83 md.65 and was always curious about what they would say if they could talk.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Yemeni Houthis use a variety of AK's, mainly Chinese, Russian and Bulgarian plus a lot of newer Zastava stuff too (they have access to literally every mass-produced AK variant there - Iranian AK's are not as common there as you may think). You will find a very mixed batch of arms there. 5.56/5.45/7.62 is all used but obviously more 7.62 due to its much wider prevalence.
DO you know where those rifles originated from? Iran? Captured from Yemeni Army? Arms market?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts