AK Rifles banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

Registered
My Oleg Doesn't Hurt Anymore. 馃憣
The incoherence and level of paranoia in some of these posts are nauseating. Even if a range master saw someone shoulder a brace when "they considered that a no-no", they would need photo evidence of that with a timestamp at a MINIMUM to investigate otherwise you know what that's called? it's called heresay. That's no different than you walking into your nearest substation and telling them you saw your neighbor run a red light.

Registered
It's population control not gun control, always has been, no matter where it has been implemented.

Preaching to the choir time. Why are the arms of peaceful citizens a threat to those who are supposed to be governing at the people's consent? What do the governing have to be afraid of? Might they be planning on limiting, canceling or infringing God given, Constitutionally affirmed rights and governing against the will of the people?

Registered
...photo evidence of that with a timestamp...
With all the surveillance cameras and cell phone cameras in this world...
But if there is one place I would expect a security camera, it would be the firing line of an indoor range, just for insurance investigation of firearm malfunction and people breaking range rules.

Registered
Can't relate. Indoor ranges are like the new version of wine tasting or pottery making for bored couples. The proprietor's balls are retracted so far up out of fear of liability that a newbie will accidentally clip themselves, or being shut down by the EPA that you'll be lucky if you can even fire the kind of ammo you have.

Registered
A gun store near me has an indoor range that I have shot at many times. They do not check your ammo. If you use their rental guns you have to use their ammo because they do not want someone鈥檚 reloads shot in their guns. The reloads could be double charged so they don鈥檛 want their guns blown up. If you blow up your own gun that is your problem. The only thing they told me is 鈥渄on鈥檛 shoot yourself and don鈥檛 shoot the ceiling鈥. The indoor range does have at least one camera, maybe more, so employees can see if any lanes are open for the next shooter.

Registered
To keep your guns you have to get a China virus vaccine shot. Maybe I should not give gun grabbers any ideas.

Registered
Mostly false on the Nazi regime gun control.
You need to do some research on the gun control used by the Nazi party starting in the late 30's.
While not the most open it was relaxed from previous times and specific to certain targeted citizens etc.
False, as in the 68 GCA isnt based on a gun law from the Nazis? I read that on the website of the JPFO, whom I have always thought of pretty stand up folks. and I remember doing a little bit of checking and IIRC, the guy who introduced it was a prosecutor at Nunberg Trials and could read and write in German, and large parts of the GCA were pretty much verbaitum from a nazi law in the 30s. If Im wrong about that,sorry.
From my understanding, rather than the nazis passing new gun control laws, what they did was use pre exxisting laws from Weimer, specifically registeries, to disarm their opponents when they came to power.
Even Stalin didnt(or couldnt) completely disarm the people. In fact, getting a gun, a "party revolver" was what you got when you joined the communist party back then in the USSR. In fact, that is one collectible that Ive never owned. a 1895 Nagant with the soviet star on the frame.
Ultimately, I think how well or poorly a people are armed depends more on the culture than the ink on the books(or pixels on the screen)

Registered
The question is always will they actually do it in the short term and I have my doubts. But the compliance to covid proves there are plenty who will go along. And as we will soon see many will rat out others, including family members.

We live in a time when many Christians have stopped reading the Bible daily and going to the Lord in prayer. This over time slowly destroys one's resolve of what is just and worth standing against. Most don't even realize what's happening as their faith is slowly being diluted. Jesus warns against this spiritual neglect all throughout the Gospels.

However the past year has had a profound impact on many, and I mean those within our small circle, that will under no circumstances yield. And at least during our short lives I think it will be enough to stop any serious threats against us. Keep in mind I am distinguishing between us and the general population.

That said the real threat as I see it, at least short term, is maintaining supplies due to the constant hoarding and panic buying of the new owners. And without a moving market in guns, parts, and ammo, the enemy is achieving it's goal.
I have to admit ^ that was awesome.

Super Moderator
With all the news stories about children ratting out their parents and other family members, I'd be far more worried about that than Homeland security, the ATF or your local PD battering your door down. Several of the kids that ratted out their parents started a go fund me and raised over 100K and all this did was to re-enforce betrayal by rewarding it with money. It might be very prudent to begin to tell those types of people in your life that you have been and currently are selling off some of your firearms in order to help out with bills and other factors we're all dealing with right now.
Until we get a better sense of what the occupiers are going to be doing, its best to remain silent as to new purchases and trades, because in their current fear and paranoia, its only a matter of time before they try something on guns.

Registered
For as many guns as there are in the hands of the public, the ONLY viable strategy for them to confiscate enough guns to reduce the risk of opposition is a voluntary surrender of them. They don't even know who has them to know who to bribe or coerce for it. In many states a private sale is just that. No ffl involved. So good luck trying to track those, IF the original ffl still even has the paperwork, it would point to someone who doesn't even own it anymore. Who knows how many times its been resold since. Good luck tracking the 80 lowers, lowers milled from scratch... good luck proving that someone still even has what they have when they know how to hide it. It would literally require a successful warrantless search of every household in America. You should never really be talking to people around you about what you have anyway, and don't raise retard kids. A cursory glance at how much ammo and guns have rolled off the shelves in the last few months alone is enough to understand that people are preparing FOR defiance, and the most an anti gun government could hope for is a 'shadow ban' of sorts and worst case hinder new production and sales. Also, I don't believe that "covid proves there are plenty who will go along". Its not a good litmus test for anything. You pretty much HAVE TO wear a mask to get groceries because corporations are now playing politics at the surface instead of with lobbyists. They all wants sooo badly for everyone to know how socially conscious they are. Other side of the coin is, you can't have it both ways and detest their right to make the rules of their property and at the same time celebrate individual liberties... all you can do is agree that they are stupid. Personally, I don't wear one unless I'm going in Walmart or someplace where I know they will turn you away at the door. The only thing people can do is make it annoying and impractical for them to enforce by going into stores in droves and then all taking their masks off. Then when they boot a handful out, replacements go in. What are they going to do, trespass EVERYONE? they won't be able to get any work done.

Super Moderator
H.R. 127 has been introduced:

Mandate Civil Liability Insurance for All Gun Owners
Create a National Firearms License
Require a Mental Health Exam for All Gun Owners
Ban all Magazines That Hold Over 10 Rounds of Ammunition
Establish a Federal Ammunition Registry
Ban All .50 Caliber Ammunition
Construct a National Firearms Registry

Registered

馃ぎ
Let's just hope it doesn't make it through both chambers.
Fingers crossed.

Registered

This bill was actually introduced on January 4, before the Georgia run off election. Text was added on January 28.

Super Moderator
馃ぎ
Let's just hope it doesn't make it through both chambers.
Fingers crossed.
I'm totally sure the folks in congress who are so scared of the American people that they needed 25,000 troops to guard the swearing in of a president that is only in office because they cheated and are still calling for tribunals for some people who supported Trump will look at this bill in a very rational manner.

I mean, its not like these same people in congress who are against walls and fences to keep out illegal immigrants are putting up a wall around the capital and will staff it with between 5 - 7 thousand troops. Yep, we got nothing to worry about folks because remember, we have republicans in Washington that have an unblemished track record of standing firm and strong when our rights are threatened.

Registered
Biden threatened Chief Justice Roberts with court packing if he does not limit the court鈥檚 conservative influence on key issues like abortion, gun rights and immigration.

Super Moderator
Biden threatened Chief Justice Roberts with court packing if he does not limit the court鈥檚 conservative influence on key issues like abortion, gun rights and immigration.

In case anyone has not noticed, Biden is trying to get rid of all the Federal Judges that were appointed under Trump. Once that is done, they WILL pack SCOTUS and they WILL come for other rights like the 2nd, because without a lower court to issue an injunction, it will be much harder to take the case higher. Buckle up.

Registered
I always thought something like this would happen in my lifetime. Just wish I was more financially able to prepare, more than I already am, earlier in life. Turning 40 soon and the to think I have many more years of gov wanting to strip away my rights.

Registered
Not at all.
Even if they had a way to enforce such a draconian concept ( Far too few LEOs would be available, and many would refuse), it would go right to the Supreme Court. The Dimokrats could not risk that either. The more dramatic talk by politicians Right Now is just a distraction from their confused attempts to deal with the Wuhan Virus, closed schools, lost jobs and declining mental abilities/energy of our Dear Leader.

Joe's Handlers seriously want to use 'politically correct' anti-gun speeches to distract Americans, but also get the d****d Far Left groups off their backs (at least their lobby groups)...for some breathing space.

There are various reasons why Sleepy Joe's handlers never told him to try to sign any EOs adding just relatively Moderate (i.e. UBC/checks) federal gun regulations; and he didn't order the ATF to do so either....

Future desired stiff tax increases on ammo, guns and bans on imported ammo would begin a cycle which could inhibit more and more gun sales. When done in phases, the general public is not even aware.

DC politicians know that state govts. have many methods, i.e. CA, NY, NJ, MA etc to gradually pass more restrictive regulations on ownership.
Although some factors have changed, it's interesting that even with the focus on guns after the Newtown horror :(, Obama talked, but enacted nothing: no EOs, no major or minor legislation against guns in Congress. Not even UBS (u. background checks).

Re-elections are all they really care about and factor into everything. Or did they actually stop caring? Very doubtful.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts