AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to get everyone's thoughts on this serious question, after seeing the policies of Biden and his advisers. Do you feel Americans will comply with a "mandatory buyback" gun confiscation?

If so, why?

And if not, why not?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Nope. Not now they won't. Too many patriots in the heartland that have had enough of the BS, especially after seeing the traitors for who they really are during the last four years and how the media has control. It might work for them maybe in 10 years when they totally control peoples values...maybe. By then I'll be too old to care and anyone that steps into my house looking for trouble will wish they never had.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Yes and no. Some gun owners are legit fudds.

We had an older guy discover his son had a bump stock in his room. The fudd brought it in for "proper disposal" as he did not want something like that falling into the wrong hands as many people could be hurt.

I told him to just throw it away as it wasn't a gun or restricted at the time. He flipped out and was adamant about turning it over to the government.

I think the fudds will definitely turn their stuff in and sellout their family members like this guy did.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The question is always will they actually do it in the short term and I have my doubts. But the compliance to covid proves there are plenty who will go along. And as we will soon see many will rat out others, including family members.

We live in a time when many Christians have stopped reading the Bible daily and going to the Lord in prayer. This over time slowly destroys one's resolve of what is just and worth standing against. Most don't even realize what's happening as their faith is slowly being diluted. Jesus warns against this spiritual neglect all throughout the Gospels.

However the past year has had a profound impact on many, and I mean those within our small circle, that will under no circumstances yield. And at least during our short lives I think it will be enough to stop any serious threats against us. Keep in mind I am distinguishing between us and the general population.

That said the real threat as I see it, at least short term, is maintaining supplies due to the constant hoarding and panic buying of the new owners. And without a moving market in guns, parts, and ammo, the enemy is achieving it's goal.

·
Registered
77 Posts
They would have to do it gradually.
First, make it prohibitively expensive.
Make it impossible for people who refuse to comply to work, travel, buy basic necessities, continue living in their homes.
Skin off all the easy sheep and the ones who have some resistance but can be prodded into compliance.
Then characterize those who remain non-compliant as crazy extremists who are dangerous to the community.
After they have it whittled down to a small fraction of the original total, they can go door-to-door without worry that there is any significant number in the community to group together and resist on anything but a one-to-one-hundred ratio of being outnumbered.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think it would be impossible to make a buyback mandatory. This isn't Australia where the country is small and has less of political range that the US has. Plus interest in firearms are growing more and more. So I think there's a lot less anti gun sentiment today.

·
Registered
My Oleg Doesn't Hurt Anymore. 👌
251 Posts
No. There is nothing to comply with. There is only their wishful thinking and the self aggrandizing chodeites that cut their ARs in half for youtube views.

·
Super Moderator
10,321 Posts
I do not think any actual ban of ownership or confiscation is going to work out for the Federal LEO's and be a warm fuzzy for the rank and file. It is one thing for them to enforce a few hundred or maybe even a few thousand a year current NFA violation cases they choose to enforce, it is another to be enforcing and kicking in doors of millions of people for non compliance of surrender for owners who had previously been law abiding.

It will be the current Commie ban states to be watching out for if this was to pass.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
They would have to do it gradually.
First, make it prohibitively expensive.
Make it impossible for people who refuse to comply to work, travel, buy basic necessities, continue living in their homes.
Skin off all the easy sheep and the ones who have some resistance but can be prodded into compliance.
Then characterize those who remain non-compliant as crazy extremists who are dangerous to the community.
After they have it whittled down to a small fraction of the original total, they can go door-to-door without worry that there is any significant number in the community to group together and resist on anything but a one-to-one-hundred ratio of being outnumbered.
"Then characterize those who remain non-compliant as crazy extremists who are dangerous to the community."

This has already been happening. Janet Napolitano called Tea Party people extremists and the CDC is claiming gun owners have mental disorders. During the Obama regime there was a push to have veterans that sought mental help get barred from being able to buy guns by having them flagged by NICS. Red Flag laws are accomplishing these goals too.

I would never say there will never be gun confiscation in America because it already has happened, just not on a national scale - yet.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts