AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I take mine to the range and shoot the hell out of them. You know, beat 'em like a red-headed stepchild. I am not a big "break in" guy. I shoot them all the same.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
With a hard chromed barrel, there really isn't a whole lot of break in.

Not true with a carbon steel barrel like on a match rifle or varmint rifle, which I would break in.

With an AK........basically just start her up and keep on going.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thats good, I have few more questions. I will be getting a sam 5 soon is it possible to change out the fsb and but a 74 style fsb and muzzle brake on. Can galil mags be mod to work?

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
I know that Mike at The Firing Line has installed some '74 front sight blocks but I think the barrel needs to be turned down a hair.

No, Galil mags will not work, they're much too wide.

K-Var will be getting more 5.56mm waffle mags in very soon, keep an eye on them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Templer, sounds like I will just deal with the brake on the gun. I can't wait till the gun gets here it should be here friday.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
dalesimpson said:
I take mine to the range and shoot the hell out of them. You know, beat 'em like a red-headed stepchild. I am not a big "break in" guy. I shoot them all the same.

That's my method!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I took my recently built unissued romanian G on a ewbanks reciever and fired 300 rounds thru it last Tuesday without a hicup, used Wolf fmj.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts