AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finely got the chance to shoot my stamped poly mak90, Loved it. I noticed before hand that the rear trunion had some impact marks. I put some tape on it to see if it was still hitting. After a few rounds I checked and still hitting. I am told this is an early mac 90, is it time for a new spring? If so any recommendations.

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
They also make Buffers for that. not sure were to get one anymore, but i'm sure they're out there.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Whats the end of your bolt carrier look like?

Start with a fresh spring.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Get an Mcarbo spring. They are consistent and last longer So far every one I have checked the rate on has been consistent because they its a cold wound spring. The ALG springs I checked were not. Not by much but Id take a consistent spring of one that is not.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
Fig, if you get the Mcarbo spring, would you be able to do before and after spent case distance measurements? I'm very curious to see how much of a difference it makes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone have any concerns that the mcarbo with 15% extra power will start damaging the front trunnion?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Good question just try another stock spring.
Its normal for the carrier to make contact but that seems excessive try one of these

Attachments

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
Does anyone have any concerns that the mcarbo with 15% extra power will start damaging the front trunnion?
No. That's flawed logic. Even a recoil spring that's too heavy will not cause such damage. A carrier going back too fast is what can damage the rear trunnion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered the mcabro extra power recoil spring today. They were very quick to reply to some questions I emailed them. I will try to get back out to get some spent casing distances on the stock spring. I will get some comparison pick of both springs when it arrives and the new ejection distance.
The other mfg. has not responded to my questions.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Mcarbo is a good company.
The other one is resting on it's laurels.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Currently the Mac is ejecting casings 30 foot. More to come when the mcarbo spring arrives.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts