AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally came to the realization that I needed some semblance of order in my safe...particularly with my handguns. After looking at options out there on the market I decided to make my own. It only cost about $30 in materials to construct (had the stain and poly already). All constructed with white oak, except for the 1/4 and 1/8" steel rods I used to hold each pistol. To protect the bore of the pistols in the rack I used heat shrink. There's enough room for a few magazines under each pistol as well. The 1/4" rods were used for my 9mm/.45's, and 1/8" was used for .22's and the one lone POS Saturday night special .25auto that my father in law gave my wife. It still needs a few more coats of poly but looks like it turned out well so far, and fits in the top shelf of my safe perfectly.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
that looks pretty nice! good job!

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm no carpenter but it'll work...and if I run out of ammo I can beat an intruder to death with it. Definitely a little overbuilt.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Great job man. I need something like that .

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Nice! Are those in a dehumid safe? I wish I had one but now they are all in silicon impreg'd zippered boot.

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have a Golden rod or any method of humidity control, but here in AZ the humidity is nil most of the year. The only time there is humidity is during monsoon season and with the AC cranking it is still lower than most of the rest of the US.

·
Super Moderator
25,774 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Looks very good, and I like the finish you used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts