AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried this? I've managed to acquire these parts: Chinese neutered long collar underfolder FSB unit, SKS front sight unit with bayonet "lugs" to be chopped and weld onto the AK unit, I have enough scrap steel to fab the front lugs from, original Poly bayo and underfolder lower HG. I "could" possibly weld on the rear lugs, but at what I paid for the parts, I'm not really eager to go putting my welding skills to the test. I do know the SKS lugs use a screw instead of the AK pin, and those holes will have to be drilled out a bit larger to the right size. I'm mainly interested in pics, posts, or other information from anyone that has taken on a project like this. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I started on one of those.It is in a box somewhere.IIRC I turned down the SKS end and opened up the AK end to press them together.
I'll go digging in the next few days.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started on one of those.It is in a box somewhere.IIRC I turned down the SKS end and opened up the AK end to press them together. I'll go digging in the next few days.
Hadn't though of that, I was just thinking of chopping the retainers off, then trying to get them at the right angle before tacking them on.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I like the pupwag's idea - won't mess up your sight alignment and less welding is always better on mild steel.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Actually the early spiker AK had the bayonet held on with a screw so you really don't need to do anything there unless you just want to. You will need to weld on the locking tabs for the bayo. to attach at the front lower half of the FSB. IIRC Trueno did a FSB restore.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually the early spiker AK had the bayonet held on with a screw so you really don't need to do anything there unless you just want to. You will need to weld on the locking tabs for the bayo. to attach at the front lower half of the FSB. IIRC Trueno did a FSB restore.
Truenos post on the "other" site is what was the inspiration for this. That post should be a sticky here. I think I can manage the front tabs well enough.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thank you, I wish i had taken finished pictures before i traded it. Good luck with your project and please post pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts