AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,774 Posts
Honestly, if your going to camo your rifle, get an old net bag, and 3 to 4 different colors of Krylon paint. Spray a base coat (example: green) let it dry, wrap the weapon in the net bag, then spray on the other colors. If done correctly, it almost looks like snake skin, and is actually pretty effective if you use the right colors for your area. Here is my AR 15 I did a few years back:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
2,389 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Rattle Can... Combined w/some stencils and some type of mesh netting...

Period!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Rattle Can... Combined w/some stencils and some type of mesh netting...

Period!!!
Spray can camo also has the advantage that you can change colors as the seasons change, or go to a different locale...

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Yes, and (DONT LAUGH) put on your base color and let it dry. Take your other colors and pour in a plate. Now take a feather duster and lightly dip it into the paint and dab it on the gun lightly. Use one duster per color. You will be surprised how good and effective this works.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I prefer the paint that dsg arms sells, Aervoe. The colors work pretty well, and you can get at least two to three rifles out of one of their kits. I've done 6 or 7 rifles now, and I've been pretty pleased with the results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts